Get NURS 6501 Week 8: Gastrointestinal System essay assignment help
NURS 6501 Week 8: Gastrointestinal System essay assignment
NURS 6501: Advanced Pathophysiology | Week 8 essay assignment
During examinations, patients often present with various symptoms. Often, these symptoms overlap multiple disorders within body systems—especially gastrointestinal (GI) disorders—further increasing the difficulty in diagnosing and treating patients. Consider a patient who presents with severe abdominal pain that has persisted for months. At first review, it might be inflammatory bowel disease or irritable bowel syndrome, but upon closer inspection and testing, gastric cancer is found. As this case outlines, it is important that you, as an advanced practice nurse, are able to identify alterations of GI disorders in order to properly diagnose patients or refer them for specialized care when necessary.
This week you examine the pathophysiology of gastrointestinal disorders. You also explore common treatments and the impact of patient factors on these disorders.
ORDER NOW FOR A PLAGIARISM FREE NURSING PAPER on NURS 6501 Week 8: Gastrointestinal System essay assignment
- Compare the pathophysiology of inflammatory bowel disorder and irritable bowel syndrome
- Analyze treatments for digestive disorders
- Evaluate the impact of patient factors on digestive disorders
- Analyze the pathophysiology of gastric acid stimulation and production
- Evaluate the impact of patient factors on gastrointestinal disorders
- Evaluate clinical considerations of gastrointestinal disorders
- Understand and apply key terms, concepts, and principles related to alterations of the gastrointestinal system
Discussion: Digestive Disorders essay assignment
Many patient symptoms can be tied to multiple disorders, which may lead to misdiagnoses. For instance, consider two digestive disorders of the gastrointestinal tract—inflammatory bowel disease and irritable bowel syndrome. These two disorders are commonly confused because they present similar symptoms. As an advanced practice nurse, you must know the differences to properly diagnose and treat the disorders. How does the pathophysiology of inflammatory bowel disease compare to the pathophysiology of irritable bowel syndrome? How do treatments for the two disorders compare?
- Review Chapter 36 in the Huether and McCance text and Chapter 13 in the Hammer and McPhee text.
- Identify the pathophysiological mechanisms of inflammatory bowel disease and irritable bowel syndrome. Think about similarities and differences between the disorders.
- Consider common treatments for inflammatory bowel disease and irritable bowel syndrome. Reflect on whether treatments for one disorder would work for the other disorder.
- Select one of the following patient factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior. Reflect on how the factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology of and treatments for each disorder.
By Day 3
Post an explanation of the pathophysiological mechanisms of inflammatory bowel disorder and irritable bowel syndrome, including similarities and differences. Then describe common treatments, addressing whether treatments for one disorder would work for the other disorder. Finally, explain how the patient factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology of and treatments for each disorder.
Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleagues’ postings. Begin by clicking on the “Post to Discussion Question” link and then select “Create Thread” to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click on Submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts, and you cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before clicking on Submit!
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days who selected different treatments and factors than you, in the following ways:
- Offer alternative common treatments for the disorders.
- Share insight on how the factor you selected impacts the treatment of alterations of digestive function.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account