Get NURS 6521 Week 9: Hematologic System essay assignment help
NURS 6521 Week 9: Hematologic System essay assignment
NURS 6521: Advanced Pharmacology | Week 9 essay assignment
Once properly diagnosed, many hematologic disorders are very manageable with the appropriate treatment plan (Cancer Institute of Florida, n.d.). As an advanced practice nurse, it will be your responsibility to diagnose, treat, and/or recognize when to refer patients with these disorders. Many patients, however, struggle with diagnoses related to hematologic disorders that require extensive treatment and long-term care such as cancer or hemophilia prompting them to seek second opinions or alternative care. In your role as advanced practice nurse, you must be able to ease these concerns by answering patient questions about the disorders, related drug therapies, and effects of drug therapies based on individual patient factors.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6521 Week 9: Hematologic System essay assignment
This week you examine drugs prescribed to treat hematologic disorders, as well as the impact of patient factors on the effects of the drugs. You also explore ways to improve patient treatment plans including suggested drug therapies.
By the end of this week, students will:
- Analyze types of drugs prescribed to treat hematologic disorders
- Evaluate the impact of patient factors on the effects of prescribed drugs for disorders of the hematologic system
- Evaluate drug therapy plans to treat disorders of the hematologic system
- Analyze patient education strategies for treatment and management of hematologic disorders
- Understand and apply key terms, concepts, and principles related to prescribing drugs to treat hematologic disorders
Discussion: Pharmacotherapy for Hematologic Disorders essay assignment
In the 1970s, the average lifespan for patients diagnosed with sickle cell disease was 14 years. Today, the average lifespan has increased to 50 years and beyond (TriHealth, 2012). The patient prognosis for many other hematologic disorders such as hemophilia and cancer continue to improve as well. This can be attributed to advancements in medical care—specifically drug therapy and treatment. When managing drug therapies for patients, it is essential to continuously examine current treatments and evaluate the impact of patient factors on drug effectiveness. To prepare for your role as an advanced practice nurse, you must become familiar with common drug treatments for various hematologic disorders seen in clinical settings.
- Select one of the following hematologic disorders: anemia, hemophilia, cancer, sickle cell anemia, thalassemia, thrombolytic disorders, or white blood cell disorders. Consider the types of drugs that would be prescribed to patients to treat symptoms associated with this disorder.
- Select one of the following factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior. Reflect on how this factor might impact the effects of prescribed drugs, as well as any measures you might take to help reduce negative side effects.
With these thoughts in mind:
By Day 3
Post a description of the hematologic disorder you selected including types of drugs that would be prescribed to patients to treat associated symptoms. Then, explain how the factor you selected might impact the effects of prescribed drugs, as well as any measures you might take to help reduce negative side effects.
By Day 6
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses and respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days who selected a different hematologic disorder than you did. Provide recommendations for alternative drug treatments and patient education strategies for treatment and management.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account