Get NURS 6541 Week 1: Overview of Growth and Development essay assignment help
NURS 6541 Week 1: Overview of Growth and Development essay assignment
NURS 6541: Primary Care of Adolescents and Children | Week 1 essay assignment
When we work with parents in a spirit of true partnership, mothers, fathers, and other caregivers are more likely to invite and welcome providers’ support in evaluating needs, developing goals, and identifying effective ways to strengthen the family and provide care for children.
—Child Welfare Information GatewayOrder now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6541 Week 1: Overview of Growth and Development essay assignment
Primary care of pediatrics begins in infancy and progresses through adolescence. During these stages of growth and development, children depend upon their families and health care providers to meet their individual health needs. As an advanced practice nurse, you must assess the family unit as a whole in order to determine the needs of the patient and the family. It is essential to work closely with parents and caregivers to provide care to pediatric patients and maintain patients’ health and well-being.
This week you explore the impact of sociocultural influences on assessments of children and families. You also examine strategies for assisting families in making health-related decisions for children at different stages of growth and development.
Note: Throughout this course, the term parent will be used to represent a pediatric patient’s caregiver, which may include a parent, stepparent, foster parent, guardian, and so on.
NURS 6541 Week 1: Overview of Growth and Development
By the end of this week, students will:
- Analyze personal strengths and weaknesses in working with children
- Analyze theories in pediatric nursing practice
- Apply theories in pediatric nursing practice
Assignment: Practicum – Journal Entry essay assignment
As a future advanced practice nurse, it is important that you are able to connect your didactic experience to your Practicum experience. By applying the concepts you study in the classroom to clinical settings, you better prepare yourself for your future professional career. Each week, you complete an assignment that prompts you to reflect on your Practicum experiences and relate them to the material presented in the classroom.
To prepare for this course’s Practicum experience, address the following in your Practicum journal:
- Explain what most excites and/or concerns you about pediatric clinical experiences. Include a description of your strengths and weaknesses in terms of working with children and how these strengths and weaknesses might impact your Practicum experience.
- Discuss your personal definition of family and family roles might impact the assessment of a child and his or her family. Then, explain how culture (both the culture of the provider and that of the child and his or her family) may further influence the assessment.
- Select and explain a nursing theory to guide your practice with pediatric patients.
- Based on your strengths, weaknesses, and theory of nursing practice, develop goals and objectives for the Practicum experience in this course. Be sure to consider the NAPNAP Position Statement on Age Parameters for Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Practice from this week’s Learning Resources.
- Create a timeline of Practicum activities based on your Practicum requirements.
- 2–3 page limit. Use title page and references according to APA.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account