Get NURS 6550 Week 10: Conditions of the Neurologic System essay assignment help
NURS 6550 Week 10: Conditions of the Neurologic System
NURS 6550: Advanced Practice Care of Adults in Acute Care Settings I | Week 10
I wanted desperately to be “normal”—to provide for myself—but no combination of medications or lifestyle changes kept me out of the emergency room. I had to give everything I had to make it from one day to the next without another fall, another burn, more stitches, another chipped tooth.
—Valda, epilepsy patient
Like Valda, patients with neurologic conditions, pain, and toxic exposures often experience significant challenges. Many patients present to acute care settings with injuries resulting from their conditions and symptoms related to side effects of their countless medications. In your role as advanced practice nurse, you have the opportunity to treat and support these patients as they adapt to lifestyle changes and learn to manage their conditions.
This week, as you explore how neurologic conditions, pain, and toxic exposures may present in acute care settings, you will examine strategies for assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients with these conditions.
ORDER NOW FOR A PLAGIARISM FREE NURSING PAPER on NURS 6550 Week 10: Conditions of the Neurologic System
By the end of this week, students will:
- Evaluate patients with neurologic conditions, pain, and toxic exposures
- Develop differential diagnoses for patients with neurologic conditions, pain, and toxic exposures
- Develop treatment plans for patients with neurologic conditions, pain, and toxic exposures
Assignment 1: Assessing, Diagnosing, and Treating Conditions of the Neurologic System, Pain, and Toxic Exposures
Pain and other symptoms of neurologic conditions and toxic exposures often impact multiple body systems and can have life-threatening implications if not treated in a timely manner. These conditions also present significant concerns for patients and providers because they are among the leading causes of hospital readmissions. For all of these reasons, your role in the care and management of acute care patients is essential. For this Assignment, as you examine this week’s i-Human patient case study, you will consider how you might evaluate and treat patients who present with conditions of the neurologic system, pain, and toxic exposures.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources. Consider how to assess, diagnose, and treat conditions of the neurologic system, pain, and toxic exposures.
- Review this week’s i-Human case studies. Based on the patient information provided, think about the health history you would need to collect from the patient.
- Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to help you gather more information about the patient’s condition. Reflect on how the results would be used to make a diagnosis.
- Identify three to five possible conditions to consider in a differential diagnosis for the patient.
- Consider the patient’s diagnosis. Think about clinical guidelines that might support this diagnosis.
- Reflect on a treatment plan for the patient that includes health promotion and patient education strategies.
As you interact with this week’s i-Human patient, complete the assigned case study. For guidance on using i-Human, refer to the i-Human Patients Case Player Student Manual in the Week 1 Learning Resources.
By Day 7
This Assignment is due.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account