Get NURS 6550 Week 6: Conditions of the Gastrointestinal System essay assignment help
NURS 6550 Week 6: Conditions of the Gastrointestinal System essay assignment
NURS 6550: Advanced Practice Care of Adults in Acute Care Settings I | Week 6 essay assignment
Gastrointestinal conditions can be challenging to treat in acute care settings, because many clinical manifestations may seem mild or nonspecific and yet cause significant pain and complications for patients. Consider Melinda Ridgely, who went to a hospital because of severe stomach pain. Although she believed she had appendicitis, a series of tests revealed that she had Crohn’s disease. Unfortunately, her initial treatment regimen did not relieve her pain, and her provider had to work closely with her to develop an alternative treatment plan (University of Maryland Medical Center, 2013). When you are diagnosing and treating gastrointestinal conditions such as Melinda’s, it is important to recognize that not every patient will present in the same way or respond in the same way to treatments.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6550 Week 6: Conditions of the Gastrointestinal System essay assignment
This week, as you examine the clinical presentations of gastrointestinal conditions in acute care settings, you will explore strategies for assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients with gastrointestinal conditions.
By the end of this week, students will:
- Evaluate patients with gastrointestinal conditions
- Develop differential diagnoses for patients with gastrointestinal conditions
- Develop treatment plans for patients with gastrointestinal conditions
- Assess knowledge of patient evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment in acute care settings
Assignment: Assessing, Diagnosing, and Treating Conditions of the Gastrointestinal System essay assignment
When patients present with symptoms related to gastrointestinal conditions, it is important for advanced practice nurses to perform thorough physical examinations and focus on shared patient information, especially regarding symptoms, diet, lifestyle, and medication use. Even mild gastrointestinal symptoms can be caused by serious health conditions with potentially life-threatening consequences. For this Assignment, as you examine this week’s i-Human patient case study, consider how you might evaluate and treat patients who present with gastrointestinal conditions.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources. Consider how to assess, diagnose, and treat conditions of the gastrointestinal system.
- Review this week’s i-Human case studies. Based on the patient information provided, think about the health history you would need to collect from the patient
- Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to help you gather more information about the patient’s condition. Reflect on how the results would be used to make a diagnosis.
- Identify three to five possible conditions to consider in a differential diagnosis for the patient.
- Consider the patient’s diagnosis. Think about clinical guidelines that might support this diagnosis.
- Reflect on a treatment plan for the patient that includes health promotion and patient education strategies.
As you interact with this week’s i-Human patient, complete the assigned case study. For guidance on using i-Human, refer to the i-Human Patients Case Player Student Manual in the Week 1 Learning Resources.
By Day 7
This Assignment is due.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account