Get NURS 6551 Week 8: Obstetrics-Part 2 essay assignment help
NURS 6551 Week 8: Obstetrics-Part 2 essay assignment
NURS 6551: Primary Care of Women | Week 8 essay assignment
Eight hundred twenty thousand pregnant women smoke cigarettes, 221,000 pregnant women use illicit drugs, and 757,000 pregnant women drink alcohol (American Pregnancy Association, 2012). Health promotion and patient education programs are critical components of obstetrics that help ensure safe and healthy pregnancies for mothers and babies. As an advanced practice nurse, you are responsible for educating various populations of women about health promotion during pregnancy. You must facilitate care for these women and encourage lifestyle changes related to issues such as smoking, drug use, and drinking.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6551 Week 8: Obstetrics-Part 2 essay assignment
This week, as you continue focusing on obstetrics, you examine health promotion during pregnancy. You also consider health promotion methods for select patient populations and design educational media for health promotion during pregnancy.
By the end of this week, students will:
- Evaluate health promotion methods for select patient populations
- Understand and apply key terms, principles, and concepts related to obstetrics
- Evaluate health problems common during pregnancy
Discussion: Health Promotion During Pregnancy essay assignment
When caring for pregnant women, it is important to care for the whole person. This means you not only manage the pregnancy and treat conditions, but you also promote healthy behaviors and good lifestyle choices. Through health promotion, you can help to ensure the safety of both the mother and the baby. Your role in health promotion is to identify health risks that might result in pregnancy complications, educate patients on these risks, and provide the necessary support to help patients mitigate these risks. In this Discussion, you examine implications of drug use, alcohol consumption, dietary habits, and environmental exposures during pregnancy, and you consider ways to educate pregnant women about such risks.
- Review Chapter 2 of the Tharpe et al. text and the article from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Consider lifestyle changes that pregnant women must make in relation to smoking, drinking, taking drugs (legal and illegal), eating habits, and caring for pets. Select one of these topics to be the focus of an educational media piece you would create for health promotion during pregnancy.
- Think about the patient population that you treat within your practicum setting. Consider ways to educate these patients on health promotion as it relates to the topic you selected. Then, consider the types of educational pieces, such as flyers, posters, public service announcements, or other media, that might be most effective with your patient population.
By Day 3
Post a detailed description of the educational media piece you would create for health promotion during pregnancy. Explain why you selected the particular topic, as well as why you selected the type of media and how and why it is suitable for your patient population.
Note: If you have an educational media piece that you would like to share, attach the file to your Discussion posting.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days in both of the ways listed below. Respond to colleagues who selected different case studies than you did.
- Provide constructive feedback or pose questions to your colleagues about the effectiveness of their selected educational media with their patient population.
- Explain whether your colleagues’ media pieces would be effective with patients at your current Practicum setting. If so, explain why. If not, explain how you would revise the media to reach your patient population.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account