Get NURS 6560: Patients With Cardiovascular Conditions essay assignment help
NURS 6560 Week 4: Assessment and Care of Patients With Cardiovascular Conditions essay assignment
NURS 6560: Advanced Practice Care of Adults in Acute Care Settings II | Week 4 essay assignment
After experiencing severe chest pain and shortness of breath, Edward Richardson underwent surgery for coronary artery disease. Before surgery, he felt anxious and had trouble sleeping, as do many surgical patients with cardiovascular conditions. To relieve his concerns, his health care providers developed a pre-operative care plan that included breathing and relaxation exercises. To ensure a full recovery, his post-operative care plan included changes to his diet, exercise, and lifestyle (Northwestern Medicine, 2014). As an advanced practice nurse who cares for surgical patients like Edward, you must assess patient needs and provide individualized care plans to patients throughout the perioperative period.Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6560: Patients With Cardiovascular Conditions essay assignment
This week, as you study the pre- and post-operative care of patients with cardiovascular conditions, you examine strategies for assessment, diagnosis, and treatment.
By the end of this week, students will:
- Evaluate medical and surgical patients with cardiac conditions
- Develop differential diagnoses for medical and surgical patients with cardiac conditions
- Develop treatment plans for medical and surgical patients with cardiac conditions
Discussion : Assessment and Care of Patients With Cardiovascular Conditions essay assignment
Many cardiac disorders such as myocardial infarctions are a common problem in the acute care setting. Thus it is essential for you, as the advanced practice nurse caring for acute patients, to identify potential signs and symptoms of complications. Although some cardiac disorders require outpatient treatment and management, other procedures such as CABGs or valve replacements are more common and frequently require major interventions. In your role with acute cardiac patients, you must evaluate symptoms and determine how to treat patients. For this Discussion, consider potential diagnoses, treatment, and/or referral options for the patients in the following 3 case studies.
Case Study 1
Tom is 56-year-old African American male who presented to the ED with chest pain radiating to his back. The pain has been continuous for 1 hour. The patient complains of shortness of breath. The pain has not been relieved with rest. The patient’s vitals are: 99.1-98-18-198/110. The patient’s cardiac enzymes are negative. Labs results are as follows:
- Na 134
- K 4.1
- Cr 1.8
- BUN 42
- Glucose 248
- WBC 13.1
- Hbg 14.1
- Hct 44.2
- Plt 236
- EKG sinus rhythm no ekg changes
Case Study 2
Liz is a 79-year-old female with a history of aortic stenosis and hypertension. The patient underwent elective aortic valve replacement yesterday. This AM during rounds, the patient is sitting up in the chair. Vital signs: 99.4-54-20-85/50. Pa 29/13, CVP10. Urine output 20 ml/hr for the last 3 hours. Cardiac output 3.9, cardiac index 1.8. Patient’s preop ef was 50%. Labs are as follows:
- K 4.0
- Cr 1.5
- BUN 42
- Hgb 9.8
- Hct 29.1
- Plt 138
- Postoperative chest X-ray normal
Case Study 3
Arvid is a 69-year-old male you are seeing in CCU 1 hour after he had a CABG × 4. The patient is intubated. VS: 97.1-78-14-90/50. PA 30/13, CVP 12. ABG 7.21-49-98-19.6-99%- -6 base deficit. Mixed venous O2 sat 68. Hgb 10.2, Hct 32.1. The patient is sedated. Vent settings FiO2 50%, IMV 12, PEEP 5, tidal volume 550.
- Review and select 1 of the 3 case studies provided. Analyze the patient information.
- Consider a differential diagnosis for the patient in the case study you selected. Think about the most likely diagnosis for the patient.
- Think about a treatment and management plan for the patient. Be sure to consider appropriate dosages for any recommended pharmacologic and/or nonpharmacologic treatments.
- Consider strategies for educating patients and families on the treatment and management of the cardiac disorder.
By Day 3
Post an explanation of the differential diagnosis for the patient in the case study you selected. Explain which is the most likely diagnosis for the patient and why. Include an explanation of unique characteristics of the disorder you identified as the primary diagnosis. Then, explain a treatment and management plan for the patient, including appropriate dosages for any recommended treatments. Finally, explain strategies for educating patients and families on the treatment and management of the cardiac disorder.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on 2 different days in both of the ways listed below. Respond to colleagues who selected different case studies from yours.
- Describe how a patient factor such as age, gender, ethnicity or culture might affect the diagnosis, management, and follow-up care of patients with the cardiac disorders your colleagues discussed.
- Based on your personal and/or professional experiences, expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or different perspectives.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account