Get NURS 6565 Week 3: Ongoing Performance Evaluation essay assignment help
NURS 6565 Week 3: Ongoing Performance Evaluation essay assignment
NURS 6565: Synthesis in Advanced Practice Care of Complex Patients in Primary Care Settings | Week 3 essay assignment
The quality of health care provided by NPs is under constant scrutiny. Many physicians are hesitant of NPs ability to provide quality and cost-effective care. It is critical for NPs to see themselves as full partners in health care. NPs are challenged to improve the quality and measurement of health care delivery and patient health outcomes. NPs must be recognized for the care that they provide. Thus NPs must constantly ask the question, how do we ensure measurement of the care that we provide?
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6565 Week 3: Ongoing Performance Evaluation essay assignment
Ongoing monitoring and continuous improvement is vital for all practicing NPs to ensure patients receive safe, competent, and quality health care (Hamric, Hanson, Tracy & Grady, 2014). It is imperative for advanced practice nurses to have strategies to measure, report, and reward excellence in health delivery. Advanced practice nurses are well situated to provide quality, cost effective, and patient-centered care (IOM, 2015). This week, as you examine quality measures, consider how standards of care are developed and implemented.
By the end of this week, students will:
- Analyze importance of quality measures
- Evaluate the use of incentive payment for care
- Analyze external motivators for incentive payment for care
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of nurse practitioner practice
Discussion: Quality and Cost Measurements essay assignment
As nurse practitioners continue to expand their role in delivering health care, it is imperative for NPs to provide the data and evidence to demonstrate the impact of NP care on patient outcomes. There are several challenges that advanced practice nurses face to provide quality care and meet productivity goals of an organization. This week it is important to explore the connection of quality care and performance measures. Some questions to consider as we discuss this topic are:
- Why are quality measures important?
- What is the difference between quality measures and performance indicators?
- What performance measures are used for NP productivity?
- Why are incentive plans used in clinical organizations?
- Read the article, An Incentive Plan for Advanced Practice Registered Nurses: Impact on Provider and Organizational Outcomes, by Catherine A. Rhodes, Mavis Bechtle, and Molly McNett (2015)
- Explore quality measures and identify at least one clinical performance measure, such as the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
By Day 3
Post an explanation of the importance of quality measures using the clinical performance measure you identified as an example. Then, identify the performance measures used for NP productivity in Rhodes, Bechtle, and McNett (2015) article. Finally, share your opinion on incentive payment for care, including external motivators and at least one business model.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days who shared a different perspective than you did. Based on your personal and/or professional experiences, expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account