Get NURS 6565:Legal Issues Negligence-Malpractice and Risk Management essay assignment help
NURS 6565 Week 4:Legal Issues Negligence-Malpractice-Risk Management essay assignment
NURS 6565: Synthesis in Advanced Practice Care of Complex Patients in Primary Care Settings | Week 4 essay assignment
Our current health care system is in a fluid state. Change is constant. As health care providers, we strive to deliver optimal, safe care. Ongoing health care research, evidenced-based care, and effective guidelines for practice offer a stabilizing force. Our duty, as health care providers, is to “do no harm.” As providers, Nurse Practitioners (NP) provide preventive, acute, and chronic care, which entails complex management. Understanding legal terminology is essential to the role. Terms such as standard of care, malpractice, and negligence are inevitable and essential components for understanding the legal challenges advanced practice nurses will experience during their careers.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6565:Legal Issues Negligence-Malpractice and Risk Management essay assignment
Only 1% of patients actually sue for malpractice in the U.S. and NPs are the least likely to be sued of all providers (Buppert, 2018). Just because an NP is sued does not mean the provider will be reported to the State Board of Nursing. Remember, the State Board of Nursing’s focus is not to protect the NP; their role is to protect the public. In many instances, the NP will be named in a Malpractice Lawsuit and later removed. Unfortunately, their name will be forever in the National Practitioner Data Bank, which we will discuss in further detail during this week’s Discussion.
This week, as you examine legal issues related to Nurse Practitioner Practice, focus on the implications of the legal terms you will be introduced to and how they will impact your day-to-day decisions in regard to patient care and safety. Consider strategies to improve your clinical practice skills and maintain current with legislative issues in your state.
Buppert, C. (2015). Nurse Practitioner’s Business Practice and Legal Guide (5th ed..). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett. Chapter 7, (pp. 271-284).
By the end of this week, students will:
- Analyze key components of malpractice policies
- Analyze legal implications that exist for failure to adhere to a standard of care
- Compare differences in malpractice policy options
- Evaluate professional strengths and weaknesses
- Evaluate mastery of NP clinical skills
Recognizing the Role of Adhering to the Standard of Care essay assignment
When providing health care, there are standards of care which a reasonably prudent provider should follow. Providers at all levels are held to these standards of care. Failure to provide competent care to your patients will put you at risk for malpractice. Remaining current with the evidenced-based guidelines and providing optimal care will minimize the risk of liability.
For this Assignment, you will create a PowerPoint presentation that explains any legal implications that exist for failure to adhere to a standard of care, the key elements of malpractice, and compare the differences in malpractice policy options.
- Consider the importance of using professional resources such as the National Guideline Clearinghouse to guide care delivered
Create a PowerPoint presentation no more than 15 slides in length that addresses the following:
- Explain, in your own words, what regulatory and coding compliance for APRNs means to your practice
- Compare coding compliance issues within the state you intend to practice and federal regulations
- Identify and explain any legal implications that exist for failure to adhere to a standard of care
- Identify and explain the key elements of malpractice
- Compare the differences in malpractice policy options
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account