Get NURS 6600 Week 9: Practicum Project-Dissemination of Scholarship assignment help
NURS 6600 Week 9: Practicum Project-Dissemination of Scholarship essay assignment
NURS 6600: Capstone Synthesis Practicum | Week 9 essay assignment
Throughout this course, you have been developing and implementing your Practicum Project. Dissemination of the findings of your Practicum Project is critical for improving the nursing field and your specialty area. Without proper dissemination, the Practicum Project cannot achieve its intended impact.
As a nurse scholar-practitioner, it is important to share findings, conclusions, and recommendations not only to fulfill the objectives of your Practicum Project, but also to facilitate your professional development and contribute to the advancement of the nursing profession and your specialty area.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6600 Week 9: Practicum Project-Dissemination of Scholarship essay assignment
This week, you examine scholarly dissemination, exploring such mediums as oral presentations, posters, and publications. You also begin to prepare a PowerPoint presentation based on your Practicum Project, which you will share with your colleagues in the Week 10 Discussion and then submit by the end of Week 10.
In addition, this week you explore disseminating your Practicum Project findings by developing an abstract for a poster session sponsored by the Walden University School of Nursing, Phi Nu Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau that could be accepted and presented at a Walden Graduation.
By the end of this week, students will:
- Evaluate options for dissemination of scholarly material
- Apply strategies for developing an abstract
- Analyze a Practicum Experience in the context of nursing leadership and management or nursing informatics*
- Construct a detailed Practicum Time Log*
- Evaluate evidence that demonstrates professional growth for inclusion in a Professional Portfolio**
*You continue working on the Assignment related to these Learning Objectives, introduced in Week 8 and submitted in Week 11.
**You continue working on the Assignment related to this Learning Objective, introduced in Week 2 and submitted in Week 11.
Discussion: Dissemination of Scholarship Related to the Practicum Project essay asssignment
According to Freemantle and Watt (1994), “effective dissemination encompasses more than just the distribution and diffusion of information. It involves the processes by which target groups become aware of, receive, accept and utilize information.” (p. 133).
Think about your Practicum Project. Which groups would find your project findings, conclusions, and recommendations most valuable? Why? How might your focus differ if you were delivering a presentation at a professional conference versus at your practicum site? What would you emphasize if you were publishing an article in a peer-reviewed journal related to your specialization as opposed to in an online forum with a wider healthcare readership?
In this Discussion, you analyze your Practicum Project in terms of conventional means of scholarly dissemination: presentations, posters, and publication.
- Reflect on your Practicum Project.
- Speak with various individuals, especially those in your practicum setting, about presentations or poster sessions they have given and/or publications they have authored. Ask which organizations or journals they would recommend you consider for dissemination based on your Practicum Project topic.
- Consider the following questions related to dissemination:
- Who is your target audience? Who would be most interested in your project findings, conclusions, and recommendations? Consider how the needs or dispositions of the intended audience may inform your choice of dissemination method.
- Which method of dissemination would you choose to convey the findings, conclusions, or recommendations from your Practicum Project? What are the relative benefits and challenges of giving a presentation, sharing your findings through a poster session, and/or publication?
- Consider various nursing, health care, informatics, and leadership and management organizations and journals. What is one organization or journal you would select for your presentation or publication?
- What are some potential challenges? Evaluate what you could do to promote the possibility that your presentation, poster, or manuscript would be accepted.
- Conduct a search of the literature using the Walden Library and other reliable sources. Locate two or more articles published in peer-reviewed journals within the last five years that relate to your Practicum Project. These articles should demonstrate the significance of the topic for nursing leadership and management or nursing informatics. Note: These articles may also help you determine if your project findings are related to an area that will contribute to a more comprehensive literature base.
By Day 3
Post a brief description of your Practicum Project, including the anticipated outcomes and implications for nursing practice in your specialty area. Explain why your results warrant dissemination. Describe your target audience, and explain which method of dissemination you would use as well as the organization or journal you would choose for sharing findings related to your Practicum Project. Support your response with at least two citations from the literature.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days, using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account