Get NURS 6640 Week 3: Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Introduction essay assignment help
NURS 6640 Week 3: Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Introduction essay assignment
NURS 6640: Psychotherapy With Individuals | Week 3 essay assignment
Contemporary psychodynamic psychotherapy, also referred to as psychoanalytic therapy, is rooted in Dr. Sigmund Freud’s proposal that unconscious thought processes, or thoughts and feelings outside of our conscious awareness, are responsible for mental health issues. This therapeutic approach is unique because its goal is to help clients achieve changes in personality and emotional development. Like most therapeutic approaches, however, psychodynamic psychotherapy is not appropriate for every client. In your role as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner, you must be able to properly assess clients to determine whether this therapeutic approach would improve their clinical outcomes.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6640 Week 3: Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Introduction essay assignment
This week, as you explore psychodynamic psychotherapy, you examine the application of current literature to clinical practice. You also assess clients presenting for psychotherapy.
Assignment 1: Applying Current Literature to Clinical Practice essay assignment
Literature in psychotherapy differs from other areas of clinical practice. Generally, there are no clinical trials in psychotherapy because it is often neither appropriate nor ethical to have controls in psychotherapy research. This sometimes makes it more difficult to translate research findings into practice. In your role, however, you must be able to synthesize current literature and apply it to your own clients. For this Assignment, you begin practicing this skill by examining current literature on psychodynamic therapy and considering how it might translate into your own clinical practice.
- Evaluate the application of current literature to clinical practice
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and reflect on the insights they provide.
- Select one of the psychodynamic therapy articles from the Learning Resources to evaluate for this Assignment.
Note: In nursing practice, it is not uncommon to review current literature and share findings with your colleagues. Approach this Assignment as though you were presenting the information to your colleagues.
In a 5- to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation, address the following:
- Provide an overview of the article you selected.
- What population is under consideration?
- What was the specific intervention that was used? Is this a new intervention or one that was already used?
- What were the author’s claims?
- Explain the findings/outcomes of the study in the article. Include whether this will translate into practice with your own clients. If so, how? If not, why?
- Explain whether the limitations of the study might impact your ability to use the findings/outcomes presented in the article. Support your position with evidence-based literature.
Note: The presentation should be 5–10 slides, not including the title and reference slides. Include presenter notes (no more than ½ page per slide) and use tables and/or diagrams where appropriate. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from the article you selected. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment.
Assignment 2: Practicum – Assessing Clients essay assignment
- Assess clients presenting for psychotherapy
- Develop genograms for clients presenting for psychotherapy
- Select a client whom you have observed or counseled at your practicum site.
- Review pages 137–142 of the Wheeler text and the Hernandez Family Genogram video in this week’s Learning Resources. Reflect on elements of writing a Comprehensive Client Assessment and creating a genogram for the client you selected.
Part 1: Comprehensive Client Family Assessment
With this client in mind, address the following in a Comprehensive ClientAssessment (without violating HIPAA regulations):
- Demographic information
- Presenting problem
- History or present illness
- Past psychiatric history
- Medical history
- Substance use history
- Developmental history
- Family psychiatric history
- Psychosocial history
- History of abuse/trauma
- Review of systems
- Physical assessment
- Mental status exam
- Differential diagnosis
- Case formulation
- Treatment plan
Part 2: Family Genogram
Prepare a genogram for the client you selected. The genogram should extend back by at least three generations (great grandparents, grandparents, and parents).
By Day 7 of Week 3
Submit your Assignment.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account