Get NURS 6650 Week 6: Foundations of Group Work and Types of Groups essay assignment help
NURS 6650 Week 6: Foundations of Group Work and Types of Groups essay assignment
NURS 6650: Psychotherapy With Groups and Families | Week 6 essay assignment
And as participants improve, the group as a whole benefits. Members can be agents of change for each other. Seeing others’ progress can help group members realize they, too, can cope and feel better.
—Dr. Nina W. Brown, “Power in Numbers”
Group therapy can be very beneficial for clients. In fact, research has shown that for many clients, group therapy is as effective as individual therapy. Members of groups are not only able to influence change within each other, but they are often able to more easily relate to the guidance of peers than that of a therapist. With the increasing popularity of this therapeutic approach, it is essential for you to have a strong foundation in psychotherapeutic techniques for groups.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6650 Week 6: Foundations of Group Work and Types of Groups essay assignment
This week, as you explore group therapy, you consider how you might apply current literature to your own clinical practice. You also examine your own practicum experiences involving group therapy sessions.
Assignment 1: Applying Current Literature to Clinical Practice essay assignment
Psychiatric mental health nursing practice is one of the newest disciplines to be licensed to provide psychotherapy As such, the majority of psychotherapy research is centered on other disciplines such as psychology, social work, marriage/family therapy, art therapy, psychiatry, and mental health counseling. This makes it essential for you to be able to translate current literature from other disciplines into your own clinical practice. For this Assignment, you practice this skill by examining literature on group work and group therapy and considering its applicability to your own clients.
- Evaluate the application of current literature to clinical practice
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and reflect on the insights they provide on group work and group therapy.
- Select one of the articles from the Learning Resources to evaluate for this Assignment.
Note: In nursing practice, it is not uncommon to review current literature and share findings with your colleagues. Approach this Assignment as though you were presenting the information to your colleagues.
In a 5- to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation, address the following:
- Provide an overview of the article you selected, including answers to the following questions:
- What type of group was discussed?
- Who were the participants in the group? Why were they selected?
- What was the setting of the group?
- How often did the group meet?
- What was the duration of the group therapy?
- What curative factors might be important for this group and why?
- What “exclusion criteria” did the authors mention?
- Explain the findings/outcomes of the study in the article. Include whether this will translate into practice with your own client groups. If so, how? If not, why?
- Explain whether the limitations of the study might impact your ability to use the findings/outcomes presented in the article.
Note: The presentation should be 5–10 slides, not including the title and reference slides. Include presenter notes (no more than a half page per slide) and use tables and/or diagrams where appropriate. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from the article you selected. Support your presentation with evidence-based literature.
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account