Get NURS 6650 Week 7: Group Processes essay assignment help
NURS 6650 Week 7: Group Processes essay assignment
NURS 6650: Psychotherapy With Groups and Families | Week 7 essay assignment
Group therapy is an effective treatment option for a wide range of disorders and is much more cost-efficient than individual therapy. As a result, many insurance companies are showing preference for group therapy over individual therapy. This has led to more therapists including group therapy in their practices, making it very likely that you will facilitate group therapy in the future. To successfully develop groups and apply this therapeutic approach, it is essential for you to have an understanding of group processes and formation.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6650 Week 7: Group Processes essay assignment
This week, as you examine group processes and stages of formation, you explore curative factors of groups and strategies for managing intragroup conflict. You also assess progress for a client family receiving psychotherapy and develop progress and privileged psychotherapy notes for the family.
Assignment 1: Group Processes and Stages of Formation essay assignment
In your role, you must understand group processes and stages of formation, as this will help you develop groups and determine an individual’s appropriateness for group therapy. Whether you are at the beginning stages of group formation or facilitating a session for a developed group, it is important to consider factors that may influence individual client progress. For this Assignment, as you examine the video Group Therapy: A Live Demonstration in this week’s Learning Resources, consider the group’s processes, stages of formation, and other factors that might impact the effectiveness of group therapy for clients.
- Analyze group processes and stages of formation
- Analyze curative factors of groups
- Analyze the impact of curative factors on client progress
- Recommend strategies for managing intragroup conflict
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and reflect on the insights they provide on group processes.
- View the media, Group Therapy: A Live Demonstration, and consider the group dynamics.
In a 2- to 3-page paper, address the following:
- Explain the group’s processes and stage of formation.
- Explain curative factors that occurred in the group. Include how these factors might impact client progress.
- Explain intragroup conflict that occurred and recommend strategies for managing the conflict. Support your recommendations with evidence-based literature.
Note: The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The sample paper provided by the Walden Writing Center provides examples of those required elements (available at http://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting.
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment.
Assignment 2: Practicum – Assessing Client Family Progress essay assignment
- Create progress notes
- Create privileged notes
- Justify the inclusion or exclusion of information in progress and privileged notes
- Evaluate preceptor notes
- Reflect on the client family you selected for the Week 3 Practicum Assignment.
Part 1: Progress Note
Using the client family from your Week 3 Practicum Assignment, address in a progress note (without violating HIPAA regulations) the following:
- Treatment modality used and efficacy of approach
- Progress and/or lack of progress toward the mutually agreed-upon client goals (reference the treatment plan for progress toward goals)
- Modification(s) of the treatment plan that were made based on progress/lack of progress
- Clinical impressions regarding diagnosis and or symptoms
- Relevant psychosocial information or changes from original assessment (e.g., marriage, separation/divorce, new relationships, move to a new house/apartment, change of job)
- Safety issues
- Clinical emergencies/actions taken
- Medications used by the patient, even if the nurse psychotherapist was not the one prescribing them
- Treatment compliance/lack of compliance
- Clinical consultations
- Collaboration with other professionals (e.g., phone consultations with physicians, psychiatrists, marriage/family therapists)
- The therapist’s recommendations, including whether the client agreed to the recommendations
- Referrals made/reasons for making referrals
- Termination/issues that are relevant to the termination process (e.g., client informed of loss of insurance or refusal of insurance company to pay for continued sessions)
- Issues related to consent and/or informed consent for treatment
- Information concerning child abuse and/or elder or dependent adult abuse, including documentation as to where the abuse was reported
- Information reflecting the therapist’s exercise of clinical judgment
Note: Be sure to exclude any information that should not be found in a discoverable progress note.
Part 2: Privileged Note
Based on this week’s readings, prepare a privileged psychotherapy note that you would use to document your impressions of therapeutic progress/therapy sessions for your client family from the Week 3 Practicum Assignment.
In your progress note, address the following:
- Include items that you would not typically include in a note as part of the clinical record.
- Explain why the items you included in the privileged note would not be included in the client family’s progress note.
- Explain whether your preceptor uses privileged notes. If so, describe the type of information he or she might include. If not, explain why.
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account