Get NURS 6650 Week 9: Group Therapy for Addiction essay assignment help
NURS 6650 Week 9: Group Therapy for Addiction essay assignment
NURS 6650: Psychotherapy With Groups and Families | Week 9 essay assignment
Consider the following scenario:
The psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner is working for a community health clinic that offers state mandated “intensive outpatient rehabilitation” services for individuals who face incarceration for driving while under the influence. Mr. Smith, a 24-year-old male patient, shows up for his initial intake appointment and says, “Look, this sounds like it’s going to be an AA meeting. Can’t I just go there? I only had a couple of drinks. I don’t know why the judge was such a jerk.”
Clients with addictive disorders may present for therapy for various reasons. Some, like Mr. Smith, attend because it is court mandated. Some attend because family or friends have pushed them to do so, while others may attend because life has become unmanageable. Regardless of clients’ reasons for presenting for therapy, to reach these clients and effectively treat them, you must be able to break down barriers, establish relationships, and help them see the benefits of this therapeutic approach.
This week, you explore psychotherapeutic approaches to group therapy for addiction. You also develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy for addiction and consider legal and ethical implications of counseling these clients.
ORDER NOW FOR A PLAGIARISM FREE NURSING PAPER on NURS 6650 Week 9: Group Therapy for Addiction essay assignment
Assignment 1: Psychotherapeutic Approaches to Group Therapy for Addiction essay assignment
When selecting a psychotherapeutic approach for a client, you must consider the unique needs and characteristics of that particular client. The same is true when selecting a psychotherapeutic approach for groups. Not every approach is appropriate for every group, and the group’s unique needs and characteristics must be considered. For this Assignment, you examine psychotherapeutic approaches to group therapy for addiction.
- Evaluate psychotherapeutic approaches to group therapy for addiction
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and reflect on the insights they provide on group therapy for addiction.
- View the media, Levy Family: Sessions 1-7, and consider the psychotherapeutic approaches being used.
In a 2- to 3-page paper, address the following:
- Identify the psychotherapeutic approach that the group facilitator is using, and explain why she might be using this approach.
- Determine whether or not you would use the same psychotherapeutic approach if you were the counselor facilitating this group, and justify your decision.
- Identify an alternative approach to group therapy for addiction, and explain why it is an appropriate option.
- Support your position with evidence-based literature.
Note: The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The sample paper provided by the Walden Writing Center provides examples of those required elements (available at http://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting.
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account