Get NURS 6660 Week 11: Special Topics in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry essay assignment help
NURS 6660 Week 11: Special Topics in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry essay assignment
NURS 6660: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Role I: Child and Adolescent | Week 11 essay assignment
“Here we go again; another foster home. My father kicked me out when he saw me wearing Mom’s clothes. He did not understand that deep down, I know that I am a girl. My birth certificate may say male, but it is wrong. I feel so much better being myself… being a girl. Maybe this foster family will understand and accept me for who I am, or I am just going to run away again.”
Joseph/Josephine, age 16
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6660 Week 11: Special Topics in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry essay assignment
In your practice as a PMHNP, you may see many children and adolescents who are faced with challenges that go beyond the standard DSM-5 diagnoses. Children in foster homes or who have been adopted may have emotional scars from previous abuse or neglect; adolescents experiencing issues with gender dysphoria may be faced with peer and family issues; and children involved in acts of terrorism may face reoccurring fear and mistrust.
This week, you explore psychological issues that may arise in children faced with special circumstances and the assessment and treatment options specific to these special populations. You also take your final exam for the course.
Discussion: Special Topics in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry essay assignment
Many children face special issues that impact everyday life, whether it is within themselves, their families, or their environment. The PMHNP must be sensitive to these many issues that children and adolescents are faced with during important developmental years.
In this Discussion, you select a special population and analyze the psychological issues that the population faces. You also address the assessment and treatment needs of the population.
- Analyze psychological issues that may arise in children faced with special circumstances
- Evaluate assessment measures used with children faced with special circumstances
- Evaluate treatment options used with children faced with special circumstances
- Analyze cultural influences on treatments (D)
To Prepare for the Discussion:
- Review the Learning Resources.
- Select one of the following topics for the Discussion:
- Foster care
- Gender dysphoria
- Forensic issues
- Impact of terrorism on children
Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleagues’ postings. Begin by clicking on the “Post to Discussion Question” link and then select “Create Thread” to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts and cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before clicking Submit!
By Day 3
- Write your selected disorder in the subject line of your Discussion post.
- Explain the psychological issues that may result from your topic.
- Describe the most effective assessment measure that could be used, and explain why you selected this.
- Explain the treatment options available for children and adolescents involved with your selected disorder.
- Explain how culture may influence treatment.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues who selected a topic other than the topic you selected. Provide at least two additional treatment strategies that could be used with this client and at least one additional cultural influence that you think should be considered. Explain your responses.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account