Get NURS 6670 Week 7:Impact of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders essay assignment help
NURS 6670 Week 7:Impact of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
NURS 6670: Anxiety Disorders, PTSD, and Related Disorders | Week 7
It is getting embarrassing to go to my hair stylist. She always comments on the bald patches on my head. They keep getting bigger as I continue to pull out one strand of hair at a time. I even do it in my sleep. I can’t help myself. It all started when I was in high school when I would pull just from the back. Now I have to wear my hair a specific way so the bald patches don’t show. I don’t even color my hair anymore. I don’t want anyone to notice me.
Michelle, age 27
Although actual statistics vary, obsessive-compulsive disorder impacts approximately 1.2% of the population in the United States (APA, 2013, p. 239). It is characterized by the presence of obsessive thoughts, which are manifested as persistent thoughts, images, or even “urges.” The only way that the individual can disperse the anxiety of these persistent thoughts/images or urges is to perform a behavior (the compulsion). The compulsion could be checking things, counting, reciting a silent prayer, or repeating a number of phrases. The disorder becomes so pervasive that the person can spend a significant amount of time each day attending to the compulsion in order to relieve the anxiety caused by the obsession.
This week, you will, once again, become “captain of the ship” as you take full responsibility for a client with an obsessive-compulsive disorder by recommending psychopharmacologic treatment and psychotherapy, identifying medical management needs and community support, and recommending follow-up plans. You also will evaluate your progress in completing your certification plan.
“Captain of the Ship” Project – Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
In earlier weeks, you were introduced to the concept of the “captain of the ship.” In this Assignment, you become the “captain of the ship” as you provide treatment recommendations and identify medical management, community support resources, and follow-up plans for a client with an obsessive-compulsive disorder.
NURS 6670 Week 7: Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
- Recommend psychopharmacologic treatments based on therapeutic endpoints for clients with obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Recommend psychotherapy based on therapeutic endpoints for clients with obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Identify medical management needs for clients with obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Identify community support resources for clients with obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Recommend follow-up plans for clients with depression disorders
ORDER NOW FOR A PLAGIARISM FREE NURSING PAPER on NURS 6670 Week 7:Impact of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Select an adult or older adult client with an obsessive-compulsive disorder you have seen in your practicum.
In 3–4 pages, write a treatment plan for your client in which you do the following:
- Describe the HPI and clinical impression for the client.
- Recommend psychopharmacologic treatments and describe specific and therapeutic endpoints for your psychopharmacologic agent. (This should relate to HPI and clinical impression.)
- Recommend psychotherapy choices (individual, family, and group) and specific therapeutic endpoints for your choices.
- Identify medical management needs, including primary care needs, specific to this client.
- Identify community support resources (housing, socioeconomic needs, etc.) and community agencies that are available to assist the client.
- Recommend a plan for follow-up intensity and frequency and collaboration with other providers.
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account