Get NURS 6670 Week 8:The Neurocognitive Disorders essay assignment help
NURS 6670 Week 8:The Neurocognitive Disorders essay assignment
NURS 6670: Anxiety Disorders, PTSD, and Related Disorders | Week 8 essay assignment
My mother used to be a teacher—an elementary school teacher. We were all so proud of her when she completed her PhD when she was 50. Now she is 75 and has begun to have times when she does not know what day it is. We found her wandering around the neighborhood because she could not find her way home. Once, she forgot where she parked her car at the grocery store. She thought someone had stolen it. The manager was so kind to drive her around the parking lot until she recognized her car. We are afraid she might get hurt or lost.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6670 Week 8:The Neurocognitive Disorders essay assignment
Gary, age 50, son of Dorothy, age 75
The neurocognitive disorders are unique among the other psychiatric disorders you have studied in that the diseases that are to blame for the neurocognitive manifestations that have been extensively studied. Additionally, these conditions are also acquired and represent a decline from a previous level of functioning. The neurocognitive disorders present a diagnostic challenge to the PMHNP in that many of the signs and symptoms overlap.
This week, you will explore evidence-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for neurocognitive disorders. You will complete your final Decision Tree as you rationalize and justify your diagnosis and treatment of a patient with a mental health disorder.
Discussion: Treatment of Neurocognitive Disorders essay assignment
Neurocognitive disorders (NCD) such as delirium, dementia, and amnestic disorders are more prevalent in older adults. As the population ages and as life expectancy in the United States continues to increase, the incidence of these disorders will continue to increase. Cognitive functioning such as memory, language, orientation, judgment, and problem solving are affected in clients with NCDs. Caring for someone with a neurocognitive disorder is not only challenging for the clinician, but also stressful for the family. The PMHNP needs to consider not only the client but also the “family as client.” Collaboration with primary care providers and specialty providers is essential. Anticipatory guidance also becomes extremely important.
In this Discussion, you will integrate several sources of knowledge specific to NCDs as you discuss evidenced-based therapies used to treat these disorders.
- Analyze diagnostic criteria for neurocognitive disorders
- Analyze evidence-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for neurocognitive disorders
- Evaluate benefits and risks of neurocognitive therapies
- Compare differential diagnostic features of neurocognitive disorders
Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleagues’ postings. Begin by clicking on the “Post to Discussion Question” link and then select “Create Thread” to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts, and cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before clicking Submit!
To prepare for this Discussion:
- By Day 5 of Week 7, your Instructor will have assigned you a neurocognitive disorder, which will be the focus for your initial post for this Discussion.
- Review the Learning Resources.
By Day 3
- Explain the diagnostic criteria for your assigned neurocognitive disorder.
- Explain the evidenced-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for your assigned neurocognitive disorder.
- Identify the risks of different types of therapy and explain how the benefits of the therapy that might be achieved might outweigh the risks.
- Support your rationale with references to the Learning Resources or other academic resource.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues by comparing the differential diagnostic features of the disorder you were assigned to the diagnostic features of the disorder your colleagues were assigned.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account