Get NURS 8100/8100F/8100M/8100A Week 4: Policy Analysis Frameworks essay assignment help
NURS 8100/8100F/8100M/8100A Week 4: Policy Analysis Frameworks essay assignment
NURS 8100/8100F/8100M/8100A: Healthcare Policy and Advocacy | Week 4 essay assignment
Consider the social contract between the nursing profession and consumers of health care. This social contract has long been demonstrated by nurses. For example, recall the nursing pioneer Lillian Wald who in the late 1800s worked to improve the health and welfare of the immigrant population in New York. How does engaging in the policy process assist nurses with fulfilling this social contract today? To better influence health and nursing policy, which seeks to improve health and quality outcomes, nurses need to develop their policy acumen. Utilizing a policy analysis framework can assist in this process.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 8100/8100F/8100M/8100A Week 4: Policy Analysis Frameworks essay assignment
This week continues the examination of the policy process addressed in Week 3. You will examine how frameworks from nursing and other disciplines can work together to inform policy analysis.
- Propose a policy analysis framework for a specific policy issue
- Conduct a comprehensive policy analysis critically analyzing a health policy from multiple contexts
Discussion: Selecting a Policy Analysis Framework essay asssignment
The goal of policy analysis is to provide in-depth, relevant, and evaluative information about a policy. Using a framework as a guideline for the analysis provides scaffolding for logically and carefully considering the policy issue. To select a framework, one should consider the focus of the policy being analyzed and whether the policy is intended to be predictive or prescriptive. For this Discussion, you will choose a policy issue that is important to you and after evaluating the frameworks described in the Learning Resources, select the framework most appropriate for analyzing the issue.
- Reflect on your understanding of the policy process: how policy is formulated, adopted, implemented, and evaluated.
- Review the various frameworks presented in this week’s Learning Resources and consider how they are applied to nursing and health policies. How do they assist you in understanding and shaping policy?
- Brainstorm a list of the issues that are most important to your practice (these can be issues at the institutional, local, state, national, or international level). Then identify a specific nursing or health care policy related to one key issue, and consider which of the frameworks you would use to examine the issue.
Note: You may not select the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act for this analysis.
By Day 3
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- Identify the policy you have selected.
- Describe the framework that you would use for this particular issue, and provide your rationale.
- At what other stages in the policy process might an analysis framework provide guidance?
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues selecting postings for which you have an alternative framework suggestion and explain how that framework might affect the analysis.
Note: Please see the Syllabus and Discussion Rubric for formal Discussion question posting and response evaluation criteria.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you learned and/or any insights you gained as a result of the comments made by your colleagues.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account