Get NURS 8100: State and Local Role in Health Care Policy essay assignment help
NURS 8100/8100F/8100M/8100A Week 9: State and Local Role in Health Care Policy essay assignment
NURS 8100/8100F/8100M/8100A: Healthcare Policy and Advocacy | Week 9 essay assignment
As noted previously, policy is enacted and carried out through multiple levels of government. This week, the focus turns to the role of state and local government in policy making, with particular attention to the function of state boards of nursing in the regulation of practice. In light of health care reform efforts, scope of practice issues are of central importance and this falls under the purview of state boards of nursing. How do the states differ in terms of scope of practice? What impact does this have on professional nurses across the United States?
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 8100: State and Local Role in Health Care Policy essay assignment
- Analyze the role of state boards of nursing in the regulation of nursing practice
- Assess state and local politics and issues surrounding a current health care policy
Discussion: Policy and State Boards of Nursing essay assignment
Within the far-reaching and multi-layered realm of policy and reform, government at the state level plays an essential role. Consider the federally enacted PPACA’s individual mandate which sought to increase the number of consumers who receive insurance coverage and, therefore, greater access to care. In a system that is already stretched beyond capacity and confronting a nursing shortage, how can the health care system meet this increased demand? Since state boards of nursing determine scope of practice, it is important to stay up to date and current with the policies and regulations that are created by the state board of nursing.
- Review the Thomas, Benbow, and Ayars article and the Watson and Hillman article focusing on how states regulate advanced nursing practice and how legislative changes are impacting scope of practice.
- Visit your state board of nursing website and/or contact the board to determine how the state board controls advanced practice through regulations.
- Determine if your state board has created any new policies or regulations that address changes to scope of practice in response to legislative changes.
By Day 3
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- What are the most recent regulations promulgated through your state board of nursing for advanced practice?
- How are the state regulations supported within your place of employment?
- How do the states differ in terms of scope of practice? What impact does this have on professional nurses across the United States?
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues selecting someone from a different state and comparing your state’s scope of practice with your colleague’s. Share any insights and implications for practice.
Note: Please see the Syllabus and Discussion Rubric for formal Discussion question posting and response evaluation criteria.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account