Get NURS 8100 Week 2: The Health Care System-Part 2 essay assignment help
NURS 8100/8100F/8100M/8100A Week 2: The Health Care System-Part 2 essay assignment
NURS 8100/8100F/8100M/8100A: Healthcare Policy and Advocacy | Week 2 essay assignment
As addressed in Week 1, many different policies and reform efforts have influenced health care delivery over the past century. Consider for a moment the health care reform efforts during the 1960s and the implementation of Medicare and Medicaid. How did these reform initiatives become policy? What challenges do these programs face today? What problems did they solve, and what new problems have arisen?
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 8100 Week 2: The Health Care System-Part 2 essay assignment
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) continue to have a strong influence on the health care system and health care policy through financial incentives and reimbursement policies. For example, to improve continuity of care, Medicare is offering financial incentives to health care providers that become accountable care organizations.
This week, you will have an opportunity for an authentic experience as you bring a health care issue of concern to the attention of your state or national politician. You will also consider the unintended consequences that may arise as a result of reform policy, such as the individual mandate.
- Analyze key health care reform legislation to determine positive results and potential unintended consequences
- Assess reform-related issues for health care
Discussion: Unintended Consequences of Health Care Reform essay assignment
The PPACA of 2010 fostered new provisions for health care and the structure of health care delivery. The individual mandate to obtain insurance is one provocative provision. While this provision attempts to increase access to health care, it raises questions on how the existing system could sustain the potentially large influx of newly insured individuals.
Another provision calls for new models of health care provider organizations to ensure delivery efficiency and continuity of care. In this week’s media presentation, Dr. Kathleen White discusses the accountable care organization, which comprises a group of providers coordinating care across a variety of institutional settings. Yet becoming an accountable care organization may present a number of challenges.
This week’s Discussion builds on Week 1, continuing the examination of those societal and organizational contexts that influence health care reform. The unintended consequences of reform policy on the health care system are also considered.
- Review this week’s media presentation and the other Learning Resources focusing on how reform may lead to improved quality, greater access, and reduced cost of care. Also think about the unintended consequences that may arise as a result.
- Consider the information presented about the individual mandate and accountable care organizations. What are some questions or concerns you might have regarding the individual mandate? What are the pros and cons associated with becoming an accountable care organization?
- With posting instructions in mind, select either the individual mandate or accountable care organizations as the focus of your Discussion this week.
By Day 3
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- In the first line of your posting, identify the topic you have selected—either the individual mandate or accountable care organizations. With regard to this topic, describe one or more positive results that could be achieved, and one or more unintended consequence(s) that organizations or individuals may experience.
- Briefly evaluate issues on the topic that may be a consideration for the organization you work in and the nursing profession.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Note: Please see the Syllabus and Discussion Rubric for formal Discussion question posting and response evaluation criteria.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you learned and/or any insights you gained as a result of the comments made by your colleagues.
Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and any additional sources.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account