Get NURS 8100 Week 7:Professional Organizations Role-Health Care Policy essay assignment help
NURS 8100/8100F/8100M/8100A Week 7: Professional Organizations Role-Health Care Policy essay assignment
NURS 8100/8100F/8100M/8100A: Healthcare Policy and Advocacy | Week 7 essay assignment
Professional organizations play an important role in the development of health care policy. For example, with questions looming about the quality of health care, the aging of the population, the increase in patient acuity, and the rapid growth of knowledge, in 2002 the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and other professional organizations began investigating the need for a nursing practice doctorate. In 2004, the AACN membership embraced the DNP degree and this pivotal policy development has had positive implications for the funding of nursing education and practice standards.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 8100 Week 7:Professional Organizations Role in Health Care Policy essay assignment
In 1999, while working in the emergency department, Karen Daley, a clinical practice nurse of 27 years, received a needle stick injury and contracted HIV/AIDS as a result. As President of the Massachusetts Nursing Association at that time, Ms. Daley spearheaded needle stick legislation that still protects health care providers today.
As these examples demonstrate, nursing’s professional organizations have been guiding and promoting nurse involvement in U.S. health care policy making for decades. This week, you will examine various professional organizations and evaluate their role in nursing, education, and health care policy.
Note: This week you will complete the Discussion in a small group. Your instructor will notify you of your group assignment by Day 1 of this week.
- Evaluate the involvement of professional nursing organizations in health policy
- Explain how professional organizations could support a policy proposal/recommendation
Discussion: Policy Brief essay assignment
Professional nursing organizations have influenced the policy agenda by identifying needs, generating ideas, and bringing them into the policy arena; they have had a positive impact on the profession of nursing as well as nursing practice. This week’s Discussion asks you to consider the policy proposal you examined for the policy brief (Assignment 2, assigned in Week 3) and reflect on the opportunities a professional nursing organization might have to further the issue.
- Review this week’s media presentation focusing on Dr. White and Dr. Stanley’s comments on the role of professional organizations in the policy process.
- Consider the policy brief you developed for Application Assignment 2 (due this week), and evaluate how a professional nursing organization might provide additional support or influence.
By Day 3
Post in your small group thread a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- Briefly summarize the policy proposal you selected from the IOM Future of Nursing Practice Report Brief (Application 2). Based on your analysis of the policy proposal, did the IOM get it right?
- Identify any professional organizations dealing with the issue/recommendation and provide at least two specific ways in which the professional organizations have supported or could support the policy proposal/recommendation.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
NURS 8100 Week 7:Professional Organizations Role-Health Care Policy essay assignment
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Note: Please see the Syllabus and Discussion Rubric for formal Discussion question posting and response evaluation criteria.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account