Get NURS 8200 Week 11: Mixed Methods essay assignment help
NURS 8200/NURS 8200F/NURS 8200M/NURS 8200C/NURS 8200A Week 11: Mixed Methods essay assignment
NURS 8200/NURS 8200F/NURS 8200M/NURS 8200C/NURS 8200A: Research Methods for Evidence-Based Practice | Week 11 essay assignment
Imagine trying to paint a picture using only half of the color palette. There are many famous works of art that are monochromatic or use only a limited spectrum of colors, and there is no doubt that you can create a respectable picture using only blues, greens, and purples. However, it is sometimes useful and necessary to use the entire color spectrum to paint a richer, more vibrant masterpiece.
The same holds true for the two methods of research—quantitative and qualitative. There are many successful research studies that have employed only one of these two methods. However, researchers are increasingly turning to mixed methods of research, in which they employ both quantitative and qualitative methods to generate more thorough, comprehensive results and deeper analyses.
This week introduces the concepts and reasoning behind mixed methods research, which combines quantitative and qualitative methods to promote a stronger research design. You examine different models for mixed methods research and triangulation of data, and you consider the appropriate application of mixed methods. You also complete the NIH training.
- Evaluate mixed methods for obtaining qualitative and quantitative evidence related to clinical practice
- Successfully complete the human protection in research training
Discussion: Using Both Quantitative and Qualitative Methods essay assignment
Many clinical practice issues are sufficiently complicated that neither a purely quantitative or qualitative approach can generate a comprehensive perspective of the issue. Particularly for investigating evaluative questions—such as the effectiveness of a program or treatment or the impact of a policy—some combination of quantitative and qualitative methods can be much more illuminating than relying on one method alone.
In this Discussion, you consider the use of a mixed-methods design in health care research studies.
- With the Learning Resources in mind, and reflecting on what you have explored throughout this course, consider the benefits of using a mixed-methods research approach.
- Brainstorm nursing practice situations in which using a mixed-methods design would be beneficial. Select one situation to focus on for the purposes of this Discussion. Consider how the quantitative and qualitative data would complement one another to provide a richer analysis and conclusion.
- Also consider the challenges you might encounter in using a mixed-methods approach: data collection, analysis, or synthesis of qualitative and quantitative findings.
By Day 3
Post a cohesive response to the following:
- Briefly explain your selected situation and why utilizing a mixed-methods approach would be beneficial.
- Evaluate how the quantitative and qualitative data would complement one another.
- Discuss the challenges you might encounter in using mixed methods for the situation you selected and how would you address these challenges.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you learned and/or any insights you gained as a result of the comments made by your colleagues.
Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and any additional sources.
Post your responses to the Small Group Discussion based on the course requirements.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account