Get NURS 8200 Week 2: Quantitative Research Designs essay assignment help
NURS 8200/NURS 8200F/NURS 8200M/NURS 8200C/NURS 8200A Week 2: Quantitative Research Designs essay assignment
NURS 8200/NURS 8200F/NURS 8200M/NURS 8200C/NURS 8200A: Research Methods for Evidence-Based Practice | Week 2 essay assignment
In Week 1, you examined some fundamental differences between quantitative and qualitative research methods. This week beings the in-depth exploration of quantitative research, which will continue through Week 9. This is not to diminish the use of qualitative research methods, which have just as much merit as quantitative methods. Quantitative research, on the other hand, has at least one underlying commonality—some engagement with numerical values. Because of this, there are many general considerations and principles that can be applied to quantitative research.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 8200 Week 2: Quantitative Research Designs essay assignment
This week, you consider the characteristics and uses of many different kinds of quantitative research study designs. You also explore various important components of quantitative research, including research problems and questions, hypotheses, and variables. You examine the purpose and significance of conducting a quantitative research study of your choice, formulate a research problem statement, and develop hypotheses related to the research study you selected. These skills in developing quantitative research designs will assist you in analyzing research studies. This week, you begin your article critique; this assignment will give you the opportunity to apply many of the concepts presented throughout Weeks 1 through 9 of the course.
- Formulate a research question, testable hypothesis, and appropriate research design for a quantitative research study
- Identify independent and dependent variables
- Evaluate the purpose and significance of a proposed research study that applies to evidence-based practice
Discussion: Starting the Research Process essay assignment
Formulating a specific, applicable research problem statement is an important step in beginning a research process. The problem statement defines the focus of the research study, dictates what methods and tools will be used, and sets the stage for all subsequent elements of the research process. Because of this, it is necessary to put a great deal of thought into the problem statement to ensure that the rest of the research process will be well planned and appropriate to the problem at hand.
This week’s Discussion asks you to identify evidence-based practice problems that can be addressed using quantitative research methods. Based on the practice problem you select, formulate a quantitative research problem statement. In this Discussion, you are also given the opportunity to evaluate your colleagues’ problem statements. Please refer to this week’s Learning Resources for appropriate and scholarly examples of research problem statements and how they inform the rest of the research process.
- Determine a nursing practice problem that is of interest to you and that is appropriate for a quantitative research study. Note: You will continue to use this problem in the Discussions over the next several weeks.
- Using the Walden Library and other credible sources, locate and read two or three articles that address your practice problem.
- With your practice problem in mind, review the Learning Resources and media presentations focusing on the strategies presented for generating a research problem statement.
- Ask yourself: What is the importance of my practice problem to nursing, research, and theory? How might addressing this problem bring about positive social change? How will investigating this problem support evidence-based practice?
By Day 3
Post a proposed research problem statement, including sufficient information to make your focus clear and explaining how addressing this problem may bring about positive social change.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues, providing specific feedback and critiquing their problem statement using the following criteria (Gray, Grove & Sutherland, 2017):
- Does the problem have professional significance?
- Does the problem have potential or actual significance for society?
- Does the problem have the potential to build or refine evidence-based practice?
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you learned and/or any insights you gained as a result of the comments made by your colleagues.
Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and any additional sources.
Post your responses to the Discussion based on the course requirements.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account