Get NURS 8200 Week 7: Quantitative Methods: Linear Regression essay assignment help
NURS 8200/NURS 8200F/NURS 8200M/NURS 8200C/NURS 8200A Week 7: Quantitative Methods: Linear Regression essay assignment
NURS 8200/NURS 8200F/NURS 8200M/NURS 8200C/NURS 8200A: Research Methods for Evidence-Based Practice | Week 7 essay assignment
Suppose you were involved in a research study examining the effect of drinking soda on a child’s weight. You performed a study over the course of several months on a sample of fifth graders, allowing one group to drink two cans of soda per day, another group one can per day, and the control group no soda at all. After you gathered your data, you would need to analyze the results for each of the three groups to determine whether to accept either the null or alternative hypothesis in your study. A useful method of analysis for this particular study is known as linear regression.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 8200 Week 7: Quantitative Methods: Linear Regression essay assignment
As you examine linear regression, you may notice some limitations or shortcomings of this method of statistical analysis. Linear regression assumes that the relationships between variables are linear and that the variables themselves are continuous in nature. Linear regression is therefore not useful to examine variables that are binary or dichotomous (i.e., variables that only have two possible outcomes, such as gender).
This week continues your exploration of correlation and relationships between variables in quantitative research studies, focusing on the concepts of linear regression. This week also provides an overview of the concepts and applications of logistic regression, especially as it pertains to the health care field and evidence-based practice. Last week you examined the uses and methods of simple linear regression as a basis for this type of analysis. This week, you expand on those basic concepts and explore multiple regression, which can be used to show relationships between more than two variables.
- Analyze, interpret, and report results of a linear regression analysis
- Analyze, interpret, and report results of a logistic regression analysis
- Assess the application of logistic regression in nursing research and practice
Discussion 1: Peer Support: Linear Regression essay assignment
Using this Discussion, post questions you have about using SPSS and collaborate with your colleagues to complete Assignment 5, assigned and due this week. The questions you post will not only give you the opportunity to address any problems you encounter and assist your colleagues, but will also give your Instructor an idea of the challenges and successes you and your classmates are experiencing. This will allow your Instructor to identify overall areas in which there is a lack of comprehension and areas of mastery and complete understanding, which will be useful in better explaining SPSS in future online courses.
Note: You do not earn any points for participating in this Discussion. It is not required that you participate; however, it is an opportunity for you to connect with your colleagues to discuss the statistical exercises.
Post your responses to the Discussion based on the course requirements.
Discussion 2: Logistic Regression in Nursing Practice essay assignment
Logistic regression is used to analyze a wide variety of variables that may surround a singular outcome. For example, logistic regression could be used to identify the likelihood of a patient having a heart attack or stroke based on a variety of factors including age, sex, genetic characteristics, weight, and any preexisting health conditions. The biological systems and issues with which the health care field is concerned represent the kinds of applications for which logistic regression is especially useful.
Logistic regression is used in the health care field for many purposes, including diagnoses, predictions, and forecasting. The three articles in this week’s Learning Resources illustrate the many uses of logistic regression in the health care field. This Discussion allows you to explore the different uses of logistic regression and cultivate a deeper understanding of the application of logistic regression in evidence-based practice.
Note: This Discussion takes place in small groups, which should have been assigned by your Instructor.
- Review the three articles in this week’s Learning Resources and evaluate their use of logistic regression. Select one article that interests you to examine more closely in this Discussion
- Critically analyze the article you selected considering the following questions:
- What are the goals and purposes of the research study the article describes?
- How is logistic regression used in the study? What are the results of its use?
- What other quantitative and statistical methods could be used to address the research issue discussed in the article?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the study?
- How could the weaknesses of the study be remedied?
- How could findings from this study contribute to evidence-based practice, the nursing profession, or society?
By Day 3
Post a cohesive response in your small group that addresses the following:
- In the first line of your posting, identify the article you examined, providing its correct APA citation.
- Post your critical analysis of the article as outlined above.
- Propose potential remedies to address the weaknesses of each study.
- Analyze the importance of this study to evidence-based practice, the nursing profession, or society.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings in your small group.
By Day 6
Respond to two of your colleagues in your small group in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Note: Please see the Course Syllabus and Discussion Posting and Response Rubric for formal Discussion question posting and response evaluation criteria.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you learned and/or any insights you gained as a result of the comments made by your colleagues.
Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and any additional sources.
Post your responses to the Small Group Discussion based on the course requirements.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account