Get NURS 8300 Week 3: Drivers of Quality Management in Healthcare essay assignment help
NURS 8300 Week 3: Drivers of Quality Management in Healthcare essay assignment
NURS 8300: Organizational and Systems Leadership for Quality Improvement | Week 3 essay assignment
What would our world look like if there were no licensing requirements, accreditation standards, or regulations governing organizations in various fields? Imagine the effect on society if health care provider organizations did not have to be accredited? Would you go to a physician’s office that did not abide by quality measures? As with any field, health care organizations must adhere to accrediting body standards, regulatory, and licensure requirements to ensure consistency, ethical practice, and quality delivery of clinical services. As a nurse leader, it is essential to be aware of these standards, quality indicators, accreditation and reporting requirements so you may ensure that your organization’s systems and initiatives adhere to appropriate regulatory requirements.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 8300 Week 3: Drivers of Quality Management in Healthcare essay assignment
This week, you examine the various accrediting agencies and legal and regulatory requirements that guide quality improvement efforts generally and within your own organization. You also consider how these requirements support ethical principles and influence the delivery of clinical services.
By the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Analyze regulatory requirements at the state or national level that affect quality outcomes
- Discuss how professional nursing standards and other quality standards and regulatory requirements support ethical principles of patient care and nursing practice
Discussion: Measures of Quality essay assignment
Health care quality is a nationally recognized topic that is addressed through public policies, licensure, and accreditation standards for health care professionals and organizations. Throughout history, numerous organizations have been involved in developing health care quality and safety initiatives.
The Joint Commission and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) developed quality and safety indicators for various health care systems. These indicators seek to establish accountability for health care organizations through a reporting system, which is available to the public. For this Discussion, explore various accrediting organizations and specific measures that pertain to quality. In your research on accrediting organizations, consider how these quality measures affect quality outcomes, support ethical principles, and influence the delivery of clinical services.
- Select one specific quality indicator from the Week 2 Discussion and compare it with those outlined in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the accrediting body standards that pertain to your organization focusing on those standards that require your organization to define its quality management program.
- Consider regulatory requirements at the state or national level that affect quality outcomes in your organization.
- Ask yourself: How do the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) restricted reimbursements affect quality management or improvement efforts at my organization? How do these standards and regulations influence or support ethical principles and influence patient care and nursing practice?
By Day 3
Post a cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
Choose any measurement and explain the extent to which your chosen measure is affected by CMS driven incentives and disincentives. From a systems perspective, discuss how this measure affects quality outcomes, supports ethical principles, and influences patient care and nursing practice.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 7
Respond to two of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective, using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account