Get NURS Week 7: The Application of New Practice Approaches-Part II essay assignment help
NURS Week 7: The Application of New Practice Approaches-Part II essay assignment
NURS 8410/8410A/8410F/8410M/8410S/8410W/8410C: Best Practices In Nursing Specialties | Week 7 essay assignment
“Engagement in the process of policy development is central to creating a health care system that meets the needs of its constituents” (AACN, 2006, p. 13).
As a professional nurse, you are well positioned to affect changes in health care through policy. Nurses are frequently asked to testify before Congress or congressional committees on important health care matters; being able to present the scientific evidence on a health care issue can contribute to this process and thereby inform the formation of health policy.
This week, you explore how to utilize the concepts presented in earlier weeks to advocate for health care policy to improve health-related outcomes. In addition, you submit your time log and a journal entry for your practicum experience.
Reference: American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2006). The essentials of doctoral education for advanced nursing practice. Retrieved from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/publications/position/DNPEssentials.pdf
ORDER NOW FOR A PLAGIARISM FREE NURSING PAPER on NURS Week 7: The Application of New Practice Approaches-Part II essay assignment
- Develop strategies for advocating for health policy to enhance health care outcomes
- Analyze professional growth and development as a leader in evidence-based practice
- Assess the practicum experience
Discussion: Advocating for New Practice Approaches Through Policy essay assignment
“I think one’s feelings waste themselves in words; they ought all to be distilled into actions which bring results.”
Through the policy process, nurses can put their feelings—as well as their experiences and expertise—into actions that create results. In this course, you have been honing your skills for critically assessing evidence with the purpose of improving practice and developing new practice approaches. As a DNP-prepared nurse, you can influence health care outcomes at the population or aggregate level. Leading policy development to address health care concerns is a vital way to achieve this.
For the past several weeks, you have been focusing on a health care issue of interest to you for your EBP Assignement. For this Discussion, consider how you could lead policy development in support of a proposed evidence-based practice approach that addresses that issue and is designed to promote quality.
Reference: Nursing Schools. (2012). 100 entertaining and inspiring quotes for nurses. Retrieved from http://www.nursingschools.net/blog/2010/06/100-entertaining-inspiring-quotes-for-nurses/
- Select one of the new practice approaches you developed for the Week 6 Discussion.
- Review the Trautman (2009) article listed in the Learning Resources. Assess the strategies for engaging in the policy process.
- Consider the barriers to using evidence to affect changes in health care policy discussed in the course text.
- Brainstorm ideas for leading policy development related to your suggested practice approach, as well as ideas for addressing those barriers.
By Day 3
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- Identify your proposed practice approach in the first line of your posting.
- How would you lead policy development for your selected issue?
- What strategies could you use to overcome barriers you may encounter while engaging policy makers? (Select two or more strategies to focus on in your posting.)
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to two of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom and/or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account