Get Nursing:Gerontology essay assignment help
Nursing:Gerontology essay assignment
Reflective journal writing – Students will reflect on their attitudes, values, beliefs, and knowledge about aging and older adults as they begin and progress through the course. They will communicate via a written format within Angel at least weekly during the course via a drop box entitled “Reflections”. (Worth 20% of grade.)
Some of you may have kept a journal in the past or currently journal. If so, this activity will probably be very familiar and comfortable for you. This may be a new activity, however, for some of you, and you may think – Just what can I write about? For those of you that may be a little apprehensive, consider the following questions for reflection and journaling:
1. What was the most interesting thing I read regarding aging and older adults this week?
2. What were some of the things I learned this week?
3. Is there anything I previously thought was true, but now question?
4. Did anything surprise me?
5. Have my opinions about aging and older adults changed?
6. What have I learned that I may be able to use in the future?
7. What do I still have questions about?
8. What are some things that I would like to study in more detail?
9. Is there anything that happened in my personal or professional life relating to aging and older adults that affected me this week? What challenged me relating to this situation? What was I feeling at the time of this incident? What was I thinking? Have my values changed?
10. Have any experiences challenged my assumptions or customary ways of thinking?
11. Will any experiences I have had this week change my future behavior or attitudes?
12. Have I had any experiences that will change my professional behavior?
13. What are my strengths relating to interacting with and caring for older adults? Consider what has happened that has made you feel happy or content relating to caring for older patients and their families.
Your reflection and journaling do not have to conform to this format, but use what you find helpful and please share additional thought-provoking questions and realizations with me.
1. Read and study in Ebersole, Hes, Touhy, Jett, & Luggen: Chapters 1, pp. 1 – 25, and 16, pp. 412 – 427).
*OR Read Touhy & Jett, Ebersole & Hess’ Toward Healthy Aging: Human Needs & Nursing Response (Chapter 1, pp. 1 – 20, and Chapter 13, pp. 225-239)
Additional Required Resources:
1. The longevity game at http://www.nmfn.com/tn/learnctr–lifeevents–longevity
2. The Frontline program, “Living Old” at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/livingold/
3. “Zimmers My Generation” video at http://www.youtube.com/videos
4. “A New Look at the Old” series at http://www.nursingcenter.com/library/static.asp?pageid=527873#titles
1. Read Ebersole, Hess, Tougy, Jett, & Luggen, Toward Health Aging: Human Needs & Nursing Response (Chapters 1 and Chapters 16).
*OR Read Touhy & Jett, Ebersole & Hess’ Toward Healthy Aging: Human Needs & Nursing Response (Chapter 1 and Chapter 13)
2. As you are completing your reading assignment in Ebersole et al., reflect on the Case Studies, Critical Thinking Questions, and Research Questions found in each chapter.
3. Review the animations and videos online for applicable content. You can access this material by going to http://evolve.elsevier.com/Ebersole/TwdHlthAging/
4. Explore the links to websites at this Evolve Student Resources site as well. The sites have been selected to supplement chapter content.
5. Go to http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/livingold/
Read the Introduction and view the full video program. After viewing the video, click on “The Big Issues” and explore “The Cost of Care”.
6. * Go to http://www.youtube.com/videos
Search for “Zimmers My Generation” and view the video entitled “The Zimmers (New video edit v.2) Released 28/05/07. After you have viewed the video, reflect on the following questions:
· Why do you think this video was produced?
· What issue(s) of aging to you think the producers of this video wanted to emphasize?
· Where was the “Zimmers My Generation” video produced?
· What is the approximate age of the lead singer?
· Is this a song from his generation?
· The funds generated by this video go to which organization?
· This organization tries to raise awareness of what issue(s) of aging?
· What is the mission of this organization?
· What types of information are contained on this organization’s website?
· What are some comparable organizations in the United States?
· How are they similar and how do they differ from this organization in the UK?
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account