Analyze a piece of health legislation, a regulation, or a policy issue with significance to nursing. You may identify an issue from media reports, the professional literature, or from personal interest. Include how historical, personal values, social, financial, and other influences have shaped the policy. Though the one you develop will not be as detailed, one of the course texts, Mason, Leavitt & Chaffee (2007) has information about the content of each of the policy issue analysis section headings below as well as a very detailed example of a policy issue analysis on pages 83 -91.
We will write a custom paper on
Policy Issue Analysis
specifically for you
Write a 4-5 page policy issue analysis using the following guidelines and evaluation criteria.
· Use a minimum of 7 references from the professional nursing literature in the assigned course readings and other references. If they are relevant, you may use one or two professional web sites in addition to the literature references.
Since this is a policy issue analysis, there is no introductory paragraph in this assignment.
Use the title of your policy issue analysis for the main heading on the cover page and the first page of the analysis. Use the following headings for the rest of the analysis.
1. Problem identification (1 paragraph)
2. Background (1-2 paragraphs)
3. Stakeholders (1 paragraph)
4. Issue statement (1 sentence or question)
5. Policy objectives (1 introductory sentence and 1 objective) – 40 points
6. Policy alternatives (1 paragraph)
7. Evaluation criteria (1 introductory sentence and 1 criterion for evaluation) – 40 points
8. Summary and recommended policy (1 paragraph) – 20 points
Proofread your paper as described in the tips for success in this course and correct any typos, grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, or APA format errors before submitting your paper in the Dropbox. You can have up to 50 points deducted from your grade for this assignment for these types of errors, or for not using at least the minimum number of required professional literature references.
· Course Text: Mason, D. J., Leavitt, J. K., & Chaffee, M. W. (2014). Policy and politics in nursing and health care (6th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders.
· Course Text: Policy and Politics in Nursing and Health Care
o Chapter 1, “A Framework for Action in Policy and Politics”
This chapter discusses the relationship between politics and health care policies. It explains the value framework for politics and the policy process and the four spheres of political influence in nursing.
o Chapter 2, “A Historical Perspective on Policy, Politics, and Nursing”
Chapter 2 recounts the historic foundations of the profession of nursing. It reviews political and social changes that have impacted nursing practice.
o Chapter 7, “The Policy Process”
A conceptual basis for policy making, as well as various steps of the policy process, are described in this chapter. An example of a policy issue paper (Box 7–3) is provided at the end of the chapter.
o Chapter 8, “Political Analysis and Strategies”
Chapter 8 reviews the relationship between politics and nursing. It discusses the characteristics of political analysis and identifies effective political strategies.
o Chapter 64, “How Government Works and What You Need to Know to Influence the Process”
This chapter reviews the divisions of government and their functions. It also provides strategies for nurses to implement when trying to influence public officials to change and enhance health care policy.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
| Place Order|| Down to work|| Paper is Ready! |
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account