Get The Human Resource Management essay assignment help
The Human Resource Management essay assignment
John has 12 years of experience as a registered nurse working the evening shift in the post-operative ward at Harmony Hill Memorial Hospital. John wants to complete his Bachelor’s degree in nursing and the needed courses are only offered in the evenings. John’s supervisor informs the staff of an upcoming opening in the morning shift and advises them of the application deadline. Based on some of the rumors that have circulated regarding past practices of his supervisor, John knows that his supervisor has already filled the position with one of her closest friends and that John’s completing an application and interviewing for the position is nothing more than an exercise in futility. John brings his concerns to you, the HR supervisor. He claims that his gender and sexual orientation has affected his nursing supervisor’s decision and that any complaint from him to the nursing supervisor will result in retaliation or termination.
In 2 to 3 pages respond to the following:
- What would you say to John about the ideal legal and ethical hiring practices?
- What can you do to ensure that the recruitment and selection process is fair and consistent with the requirements of federal and state laws on hiring practices?
- How would you address this with John’s nursing supervisor?
- What steps can be taken in addressing John’s concerns for retaliation or termination?
- Where does the human resource department fit into this scenario?
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your position and answers to the questions.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 3 pages.
- Include an introduction and conclusion in your paper.
- Support your case with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3-4 references from required reading. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
Alder, G. S. & Gilbert, J. (2006). Achieving ethics and fairness in hiring: Going beyond the law. Journal of Business Ethics. 64(4), 449-464. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10551-006-9039-z
Clark Spoden, M. (2015). Gay marriage and sexual orientation: What your HR department should know. Industry Week. Retrieved from ProQuest.
HR Hero. (n.d.). Hiring workers: Employment law basics. Retrieved from http://topics.hrhero.com/hiring-workers-employment-law-basics/#
HG Legal Resources. (2017). Legal aspect of recruitment and hiring. Retrieved from https://www.hg.org/busemployment.html
Nunan, D. (2015). Addressing the market research skills gap. International Journal of Market Research, 57(2), 177-178. doi:10.2501/IJMR-2015-016
Perkins. J. (2015). The importance of advertising your job the right way. Retrieved from https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/importance-advertis…
Society of Human Resource Management. (2016). Hiring policy. Recruitment and selection process. Retrieved from https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/tools-and-s…
Wiggleworth, L. (2008). 5 ways to create inspiring job announcements. Retrieved from https://www.eremedia.com/ere/5-ways-to-create-insp…
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account