In Part 3 of the Course Project, you consider how the evidence you gathered during Part 2 can be translated into nursing practice.
We will write a custom paper on
Translating Evidence Into Practice
specifically for you
Now that you have located available research on your PICOT question, you will examine what the research indicates about nursing practices. Connecting research evidence and findings to actual decisions and tasks that nurses complete in their daily practice is essentially what evidence-based practice is all about. This final component of the Course Project asks you to translate the evidence and data from your literature review into authentic practices that can be adopted to improve health care outcomes. In addition, you will also consider possible methods and strategies for disseminating evidence-based practices to your colleagues and to the broader health care field.
- Consider Parts 1 and 2 of your Course Project. How does the research address your PICOT question?
- With your PICOT question in mind, identify at least one nursing practice that is supported by the evidence in two or more of the articles from your literature review. Consider what the evidence indicates about how this practice contributes to better outcomes.
- Explore possible consequences of failing to adopt the evidence-based practice that you identified.
- Consider how you would disseminate information about this evidence-based practice throughout your organization or practice setting. How would you communicate the importance of the practice?
In a 3- to 4-page paper:
1) Restate your PICOT question and its significance to nursing practice. My PICOT question is: does hand washing and appropriate staff dressing among the surgical ward nurses reduce cross infection during patient management?
2) Summarize the findings from the articles you selected for your literature review. Describe at least one nursing practice that is supported by the evidence in the articles. Justify your response with specific references to at least 2 of the articles. Please refer to the articles below:
Aiken, A. M., Karuri, D. M., Wanyoro, A. K., & Macleod, J. (2012). Interventional studies for preventing surgical site infections in sub-Saharan Africa. International Journal of Surgery, 242-249. Doi: 10.1016/j.ijsu.2012.04.004
Al-Khawaldeh, O., Al-Hussami, M., & Darawad, M. (2015). Influence of Nursing Students Handwashing Knowledge, Beliefs, and Attitudes on Their Handwashing Compliance. Scientific Research Publishing. Doi: http://dx.doi.org.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.4236/health.2015.75068
Bukhari, S., Hussain, W., Banjar, A., Almaimani, W., Karima, T., & Fatani, M. (2011). Hand hygiene compliance rate among healthcare professionals. PubMed – NCBI. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Retrieved 1 April 2016, from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21556474
3) Explain how the evidence-based practice that you identified contributes to better outcomes. In addition, identify potential negative outcomes that could result from failing to use the evidence-based practice.
4) Outline the strategy for disseminating the evidence-based practice that you identified throughout your practice setting. Explain how you would communicate the importance of the practice to your colleagues. Describe how you would move from disseminating the information to implementing the evidence-based practice within your organization. How would you address concerns and opposition to the change in practice?
This part of the Course Project should be combined with the other two components of the Course Project and turned in as your Portfolio Assignment for this course.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
| Place Order|| Down to work|| Paper is Ready! |
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account