Get NURS 6201 Week 8: Leadership-Management Competencies in nursing essay assignment help
NURS 6201 Week 8: Leadership-Management Competencies in nursing essay assignment
NURS 6201: Leadership in Nursing and Healthcare | Week 8 essay assignment
Managers are people who do things right and leaders are people who do the right thing.
—Warren Bennis in Sutton, 2012
This pivotal statement from Warren Bennis points to a distinction between managers and leaders. Although you have been exploring an integrated view of management and leadership thus far in the course, this week you examine the specifics of these two domains in organizations.
Following a typical career trajectory, a nurse is likely to see a shift in the types of skills that are needed—from those that are more practice–oriented, to those related to management, and then to leadership–based. Yet, it is essential to keep in mind that effective individuals—no matter what their position in an organization—need to not only continue to appreciate practice issues, but also hone management and leadership skills every step of the way.
ORDER NOW FOR A PLAGIARISM FREE NURSING PAPER on NURS 6201 Week 8: Leadership-Management Competencies in nursing essay assignment
- Explain the value of management and leadership skills within the context of health care organizations
- Evaluate the application of leadership and management skills to achieve organizational outcomes
- Analyze the evidence base for a proposed change
- Evaluate strategies for addressing a problem in a health care setting
Discussion: Distinguishing Management and Leadership Competencies essay assignment
Thriving organizations see the value of cultivating both management and leadership competencies. For this Discussion, you consider two distinct “buckets” of competencies—management and leadership—and think about how these can be leveraged to successfully introduce a new product or service in an organization.
- Think about a new product or service in your organization that was recently implemented.
- Identify five leadership strategies you might use to address the implementation of the new product or service.
- Think about the management competencies that were needed in order for this project to be successful. Why are these competencies important?
- Consider the leadership competencies required for success, and reflect on the value of these competencies.
By Day 3
Post a description of the new product or service and how it aligns with organizational goals and professional standards. Describe the distinct management and leadership competencies that facilitated successful implementation of this project. Provide your rationale.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account