Get NURS 6231 Week 2: Leadership Strategies for Quality Outcomes essay assignment help
NURS 6231 Week 2: Leadership Strategies for Quality Outcomes essay assignment
NURS 6231: Healthcare Systems and Quality Outcomes | Week 2 essay assignment
Seventy-One Percent of Employers Say They Value Emotional Intelligence Over IQ
Appreciative Inquiry is strength-based change. It involves: appreciating, envisioning, co-constructing and sustaining. It is action oriented after dreaming about possibilities. So, these dreams guide and inspire action.
—Jerry Jennings, 2011
As demonstrated last week, you have the power to leverage your strengths—and others’—to promote patient safety and health care quality. Emotional intelligence is another leadership skill valued in today’s workplace, as is the ability to apply appreciative inquiry. Emotional intelligence and appreciative inquiry can generate a deep, nuanced understanding of what is needed to promote health care quality.
ORDER NOW FOR A PLAGIARISM FREE NURSING PAPER on NURS 6231 Week 2: Leadership Strategies for Quality Outcomes essay assignment
This week, you examine how leader-managers may develop emotional intelligence and apply appreciative inquiry to facilitate positive outcomes in health care.
- Apply emotional intelligence to facilitate positive outcomes for health care issues
- Apply appreciative inquiry to facilitate positive outcomes for health care issues
Discussion: Using Emotional Intelligence and Appreciative Inquiry to Promote Quality essay assignment
Through communication—inquiry and dialogue—every person makes a contribution, and by being involved in the process, people can shift their attention and action away from a problem-oriented focus to dreams that are worthy to them and to productive possibilities for the future.
—Watkins & Mohr, 2001
Without a doubt, promoting health care quality and patient safety presents a meaningful aim.
To achieve this goal, nurse leader-managers need to be able to evaluate a situation from many different viewpoints and frame questions that elicit valuable insights. They must be able to promote skillful problem solving and interdisciplinary teamwork.
In this Discussion, you examine how you can use emotional intelligence and appreciative inquiry to facilitate positive changes that lead to improved quality and safety.
- Review the information on emotional intelligence and appreciative inquiry presented in this week’s Learning Resources.
- If you have not already done so, follow the instructions in the course text, Emotional Intelligence 2.0 to complete the online assessment.
- Consider the results of the assessment. Review your strengths and opportunities for growth related to self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management. What insights, questions, or concerns arise as you think about these results?
- Think about how your identified emotional intelligence strengths and opportunities for growth relate to your current role as a leader-manager and to the professional contributions that you hope to make now and in the future. Give focused attention to patient safety and health care quality. How and why is emotional intelligence valuable for promoting optimal patient outcomes and creating systems-level change?
- As indicated on pages 53–55 of the Bradberry and Greaves text, develop a plan for improving your skills in one area of emotional intelligence. Evaluate strategies for applying your strengths in the workplace. Identify at least two that you can use to add value to a team or workgroup to improve quality and safety.
- Also review the information on appreciative inquiry in this week’s Learning Resources. Have you used appreciative inquiry before? If so, how? How does the application of appreciative inquiry relate to your role as nurse leader-manager and/or to efforts to promote health care quality?
- Reflect on your experiences working in health care and identify an issue or problem that required, or requires, a change. Consider how you could apply emotional intelligence and appreciative inquiry strategies to this situation to facilitate positive results that lead to improved quality.
By Day 3
Post a brief description of an issue or problem in a health care setting that required, or requires, a change. Explain how you, as a nurse leader-manager, could apply both emotional intelligence and appreciative inquiry strategies to address this issue and facilitate positive results that lead to improved quality.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional resources.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account