Get NURS 6221 Week 4: Recruitment and Selection essay assignment help
NURS 6221 Week 4: Recruitment and Selection essay assignment
NURS 6221: Managing Human Resources | Week 4 essay assignment
Carla is a nurse manager in a nursing home. She recently made the difficult decision to terminate the employment of a relatively new nurse who consistently demonstrated a positive attitude, but seemed to struggle with performing some of the essential patient care responsibilities. Carla is not sure what she could have done differently, but she wants to be sure to hire a highly qualified candidate this time around. What should Carla do to make sure the job requirements are clear and reasonable? How should she work with HR to recruit for this position? What considerations should she take into account during the interview process?
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6221 Week 4: Recruitment and Selection essay assignment
Nurse managers and human resource professionals are jointly responsible for creating a highly productive environment, though each may make distinct contributions toward this aim. This week, you examine opportunities and challenges related to recruitment of desirable and qualified applicants and the selection process.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment processes
- Evaluate selection processes
- Evaluate alignment between job descriptions and actual abilities required of jobs
Discussion: The Recruiting Process essay assignment
How many times have you, or has someone you know, perused jobs on Monster.com, LinkedIn or a clinical listserv? When browsing employment opportunities, what factors motivate you to apply for one position over another?
As a nurse manager, it is critical that you consider the answers to questions such as these when designing your recruitment process. Identifying the approaches applicants use to find jobs can help you broaden your pool of applicants. In addition, knowing how to create accurate job descriptions to advertise for open positions can increase the chances of finding an applicant that is qualified and exhibits skills that you and your workplace desire.
In this Discussion, you examine the process in which a health care organization engages when attempting to recruit qualified and desirable job candidates.
- Review Chapters 4 and 5 from the course text, Human Resource Management: Functions, Applications, Skill Development. What best practices can be used to identify, analyze, and describe positions within a health care setting? In addition, what considerations and factors should be taken into account when recruiting job candidates?
- Reflect upon the recruitment process used in your current organization or one with which you are familiar. Then, select one setting to further investigate.
- Consider questions such as the ones below to identify the recruitment methods and steps involved in searching for and attracting potential employees.
- What is expected of the nurse manager in terms of recruitment?
- What is expected of HR in terms of recruitment?
- How are job openings posted and/or advertised?
- What challenges or constraints have been experienced with regard to recruiting desirable and qualified applicants?
By Day 3
Submit a brief description of your selected organization’s recruitment process. Include an explanation of who is responsible for each step, how and where positions are advertised, and any unique methods used to recruit employees. Explain the effectiveness of these recruitment processes by citing authentic examples from the setting you selected and this week’s Learning Resources as appropriate.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Offer and support an alternative perspective on the effectiveness of a colleague’s recruitment process by citing examples from the Learning Resources or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Expand on a colleague’s posting by providing a legal perspective for why a recruitment process should be revamped or changed, based on readings and evidence.
- Share an insight on similar advertising and recruitment methods your setting has used, synthesizing information to provide new perspectives.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account