Get NURS 6600 Week 11: Moving Forward Along Your Career Path essay assignment help
NURS 6600 Week 11: Moving Forward Along Your Career Path essay assignment
NURS 6600: Capstone Synthesis Practicum | Week 11 essay assignment
Goals shift, people change, circumstances present new challenges and opportunities. As a growing professional, you have to remain nimble.
—Chrissy Scivicque, Creating Your Professional Development Plan: 3 Surprising Truths
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6600 Week 11: Moving Forward Along Your Career Path essay assignment
Congratulations! As you near the conclusion of this course, you also draw closer to the completion of your Master of Science in Nursing program. Such an accomplishment deserves thoughtful consideration and acknowledgement. Among the myriad learning experiences in which you have engaged during this program, which have been the most personally meaningful to you? What challenges have been catalysts for your growth as an advanced practice nurse and as a scholar-practitioner? Which triumphs have resulted in increased self-assurance or renewed motivation?
As you likely have discovered from your previous personal experiences and professional practice, it is helpful to plan for the future while remaining open to unexpected opportunities that may arise.
How will you prepare for the next steps in your journey? What questions or concerns do you have about securing a position, now or in the future, that aligns with your values, expertise, and work and life priorities?
This week, you examine strategies for conducting a job search, including applying and interviewing for positions of interest to you.
The Professional Portfolio you have been assembling throughout this course can be an invaluable tool as you meet with potential employers and others as you continue your career. Your Professional Portfolio is due on or before Day 3 of this week.
In addition, you must complete all of your practicum hours this week. Your practicum time log and journal (including your third, and final, journal entry) is due on or before Day 5.
By the end of this week, students will:
- Evaluate alignment of job descriptions with professional goals and expertise
- Analyze strategies for engaging in job searches
- Propose an application and interview plan for a new position
- Analyze a Practicum Experience in the context of nursing leadership and management or nursing informatics
- Construct a detailed Practicum Time Log
- Evaluate evidence that demonstrates professional growth for inclusion in a Professional Portfolio
- Assess changes in personal and professional goals and roles as a result of graduate nursing education
Discussion 1: Job Search, Application, and Interview Processes essay assignment
Throughout your program of study, you have been encouraged to think about your strengths, values, and professional aspirations, as well as the opportunities you have to create positive impact as a nurse leader-manager or nurse informaticist.
How would you most like to leverage your knowledge and expertise going forward? What types of professional positions could you see yourself in, now and further along in your career? What steps could you take to identify a job that appeals to you and to secure a position that you find intellectually challenging and rewarding?
In this Discussion, you examine strategies for conducting an effective job search and assess how you could convey your qualifications for a position of interest to you.
- Reflect on your strengths, values, and professional aspirations. How will these inform the next stage of your career?
- Consider what you have learned through your experiences in the practicum about professional roles and functions in your specialty area.
- Review the information in the Learning Resources, and think about the process of conducting a job search. If possible, speak with individuals in your practicum setting as well as other nursing professionals about how they have identified positions that align with their needs and ambitions. Ask for advice about conducting a successful job search.
- Search postings of open positions that appeal to you, and identify one for which you would like to apply. If you have difficulty finding such a position, for the purposes of this Discussion you may select one that has already been filled or is in a different region. (Note: If you are not interested in finding a new position, please approach this activity as an opportunity to explore the field. If you are interested in changing positions, please use this activity for that purpose.)
- What steps would you take to apply for and secure an interview for this position? Write a cover letter and target your résumé or Curriculum Vitae (CV) to this position. (Note: You are not required to complete the job application for this Discussion.)
- How would you prepare for an interview for this position? What questions do you think would be posed, and what information would you like to learn about the position and the organization? Ask a colleague or friend to conduct a practice interview with you.
- Consider how you might use your Professional Portfolio (submitted this week) to demonstrate your capabilities during the interview process.
With these thoughts in mind:
NURS 6600 Week 11: Moving Forward Along Your Career Path
By Day 3
Post an explanation of how you would conduct a job search for a position of interest to you, including the resources you would use (and did use to identify the position for this Discussion). Include a brief description of the position you identified. Share an application and interview plan for that position, noting how you would convey your qualifications for this position.
By Day 5
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses and respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days by offering suggestions of additional resources and strategies for searching, applying, and/or interviewing for positions.
Discussion 2: Reflections on Professional Development and Learning (Optional) essay assignment
Reflection is a cornerstone of professional practice. As an advanced practice nurse, it is essential to continuously facilitate your own learning and development by employing an iterative process of engaging in action and reflection.
In this Discussion, you consider how you have grown and matured as a scholar, and how your practice as a professional nurse has changed as a result of your involvement in this MSN program.
- Review the Professional Development Plan you created in NURS 6001.
- Review the Outcome Evidence Chart and Final Reflection that you completed as part of your Professional Portfolio (submitted in Week 11), and consider how you have grown professionally over the course of your Master’s program.
- Reflect on your views at the beginning of this MSN program and consider the following questions:
- Have your views of the nursing profession changed? If so, how?
- Have your perceptions about your specialty area evolved? If so, how?
- Are your beliefs and thoughts about who you are as a nurse now different than they were when you began this program? If so, how?
- Is the professional role you wish to achieve now different than it was before?
- Formulate a statement that reflects two or more current goals related to your specialty area and that addresses your intended involvement in scholarship, leadership, and/or lifelong learning.
- Consider how you can capitalize on your knowledge and skills to be an effective agent of social change.
With these thoughts in mind:
By Day 4
Post an explanation of how your views of the nursing profession, your chosen specialty, and who you are as a nurse have changed as you have progressed through this MSN program. Share a statement about your current ambitions, indicating at least two goals related to your specialty area and describing your intended involvement in scholarship, leadership, and/or lifelong learning. Explain how you can capitalize on your knowledge and skills to be an effective agent of social change.
By Day 6
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses and respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days comparing your experience and responses with theirs. Suggest why you might see things differently.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account