Get NURS 6341 Week 10: Interprofessional Collaboration essay assignment help
NURS 6341 Week 10: Interprofessional Collaboration essay assignment
NURS 6341: Specialty in Clinical Nursing | Week 10 essay assignment
The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.
—Phil Jackson, noted basketball coach
Team sports may be the ultimate authority on collaboration, as no game can be won without every member working together toward the mutual goal of success. However, this reflection by a professional basketball coach and former star player also speaks eloquently to the reciprocal nature of collaboration in the practice of health care.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6341 Week 10: Interprofessional Collaboration essay assignment
The stakes in a clinical setting, of course, are far higher than those on any court, field, or diamond. A patient’s needs often go beyond one health care specialty, and health care “players” who work in concert collectively multiply their professional strengths. However, just as sports players must learn to function as a team, nurses and other health care professionals must develop the competencies for interprofessional collaboration.
Since Week 8, when you began your third Practicum Journal entry, you have been observing for evidence of interprofessional collaborative practice in your practicum setting. As you continue your focus this week, keep in mind the essential competencies for interprofessional collaboration, which were introduced in Week 8 and will be revisited this week.
- Analyze a practicum experience in the context of interprofessional collaboration
- Evaluate the impact of interprofessional collaboration on quality of care and patient safety
- Analyze specialties of interest for evidence of advance knowledge
- Analyze professional standards as a means to develop advanced knowledge in a specialty of interest
- Analyze the practicum experience for application of professional standards
- Evaluate methods for integrating specialty practice standards into a teaching experience
- Evaluate a practicum experience in the context of interprofessional collaboration *
- Analyze personal development of interprofessional collaboration competencies*
- Evaluate the impact of interprofessional collaboration on nurse educators*
- Construct a detailed practicum log**
* You continue working on the Assignment related to this Learning Objective, first introduced in Week 8 and submitted in Week 11.
** You continue working on the Assignment related to this Learning Objective, first introduced in Week 1 and submitted in Week 11.
Discussion: Sharing Practicum Experiences: Interprofessional Collaboration essay assignment
[I]nterprofessional collaborative practice [is] key to the safe, high quality, accessible, patient-centered care desired by all.
—From “Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice: Report of an Expert Panel” (2011, p. i)
You may recall this quote from the introduction to your third journal entry assigned in Week 8. In light of your practicum experiences, how does this quote resonate with you? In this Discussion, you share your interprofessional collaborative experiences and exchange perspectives with colleagues.
- Reflect on the interprofessional collaboration that you have observed or in which you participated. For each situation, consider how collaboration among various professionals might have positively impacted the care given to the patient(s).
- Select one interprofessional collaborative situation as the focus for your Discussion posting. Consider the patient’s needs and how the situation benefitted from this collaboration.
- Review the four competencies for interprofessional collaboration. Reflect on the competency that is most relevant to your selected situation:
- Values/ethics for interprofessional practice
- Interprofessional communication
- Teams and teamwork
- Consider insights you have gained through your practicum experience about interprofessional collaboration and the potential for improving patient safety and quality.
By Day 3
Post a description of the interprofessional collaborative practicum experience you selected and explain how this collaboration was beneficial to improving quality of care and patient safety. Then, explain one competency for Interprofessional collaboration that was particularly relevant to the situation.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account