Get NURS 6351 Week 3:The Relationships in the Immediate Environment essay assignment help
NURS 6351 Week 3:The Relationships in the Immediate Environment essay assignment
NURS 6351: Role of the Nurse Educator | Week 3 essay assignment
As a nurse educator, how do you build productive relationships with fellow educators, administrators, and other colleagues? What approaches facilitate positive teacher-student interactions? How and why are conflicts likely to arise in educational, clinical, or other training settings?
This week, you examine the interactions a nurse educator may have with others in his or her immediate work environment. You also analyze incivility, a problematic occurrence in contemporary educational settings.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6351 Week 3:The Relationships in the Immediate Environment essay assignment
In addition, this week you continue to define your Practicum project, and you complete and submit your Practicum Time Log and Journal, which includes your first journal entry.
- Analyze potential sources of conflict between educators and other colleagues
- Analyze potential sources of conflict between educators and learners
- Propose strategies to minimize and manage instances of incivility
- Evaluate authentic educational opportunities in health care settings*
- Analyze a Practicum Experience in the context of nursing education
- Construct a detailed Practicum Log
- Analyze issues, responsibilities, and experiences of teachers and learners in the context of nursing education**
- Evaluate evidence that demonstrates professional growth for inclusion in a professional portfolio***
*The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 11.
**The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 9.
***The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is submitted in Week 11.
Discussion: Anticipating and Managing Conflict essay assignment
Nurse educators do not work in isolation. Collaboration with other educators, administrators, and professional associates, as well as learners, is necessary for providing optimal educational experiences. Yet, even with a shared dedication to learning, individuals often have differing values, priorities, and expectations, which create the potential for conflict. In addition, incivility is an increasingly troubling phenomenon in today’s education environments.
In this Discussion, you consider how and why conflicts may arise between and among educators and colleagues, as well as between and among educators and learners. You also evaluate the circumstances that give rise to incivility and propose strategies for addressing such situations.
- Reflect on your previous professional experiences. How would you describe the organizational culture in each place you have worked? Was collaboration valued? How and why did conflicts arise? How were these conflicts managed?
- Review this week’s Learning Resources, reflecting on possible sources of conflict among educators and other professionals in academic and clinical settings. Also, consider potential sources of conflict between educators and learners.
- Identify two or more sources of conflict that you might encounter with other educators and/or colleagues in your selected role/setting as a nurse educator. Also identify two or more sources of conflict that you may encounter with learners in this role/setting.
- Consider what civility and incivility may look like in your chosen setting (i.e., higher education, staff development, or patient education). How you would minimize and/or manage incivility related to one of the potential conflicts you have identified?
- Investigate or review the grievance process in your Practicum setting and/or the institution in which you work. Why is it important to be aware of this process?
By Day 3
Post an explanation of two or more potential sources of conflict between educators and other colleagues, and two or more potential sources of conflict between educators and learners. Propose strategies to minimize and manage instances of incivility related to one of these situations. Support your strategies with references to the literature.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days by proposing additional strategies to minimize and manage instances of incivility related to one of the situations they described (one they did not propose a strategy for, or one for which you have a different idea).
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account