Get NURS 6560 Week 6:Care of Acute Abdomen and Appendix condition assignment help
NURS 6560 Week 6:Care of Acute Abdomen and Appendix condition essay assignment
NURS 6560: Advanced Practice Care of Adults in Acute Care Settings II | Week 6 essay assignment
Jordan Lemke woke up one morning with a fever and severe abdominal pain on his right side. Concerned, Jordan’s parents rushed him to the hospital, where blood tests and a CT scan were ordered. Providers quickly diagnosed Jordan with a ruptured appendix and immediately scheduled him for surgery (Aspirus Medford Hospital, 2014). Like many patients with conditions related to the acute abdomen, stomach/duodenum, and appendix, Jordan benefited from the prompt response of his health care team. The immediate care needs of these disorders require that you, as the advanced practice nurse, be able quickly to identify the various presentations, signs, and symptoms.
This week, as you study the pre- and post-operative care of patients with acute abdominal, stomach/duodenal, and appendicular disorders, you examine strategies for assessment, diagnosis, and treatment.
By the end of this week, students will:
- Evaluate medical and surgical patients with conditions of the acute abdomen, stomach/duodenum, and appendix
- Develop differential diagnoses for medical and surgical patients with conditions of the acute abdomen, stomach/duodenum, and appendix
- Develop treatment plans for medical and surgical patients with conditions of the acute abdomen, stomach/duodenum, and appendix
- Assess patient evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment in acute medical and surgical settings
ORDER NOW FOR A PLAGIARISM FREE NURSING PAPER on NURS 6560 Week 6:Care of Acute Abdomen and Appendix condition essay assignment
Assignment: Assessing, Diagnosing, and Treating Pre- and Post-Operative Care Patients – Acute Abdomen, Stomach/Duodenum, and Appendix essay assignment
Acute abdominal, stomach/duodenal, and appendicular disorders require a high level of care, because many are life-threatening. To ensure that you immediately recognize classic signs and symptoms of these disorders, it is critical that you have strong assessment and diagnostic skills. For this Assignment, as you examine this week’s i-Human patient case study, consider how you might evaluate and treat pre- and post-operative patients who present with health conditions related to the acute abdomen, stomach/duodenum, and appendix.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources. With acute abdominal, stomach/duodenal, and appendicular disorders in mind, consider how to assess, diagnose, and treat patients in pre- and post-operative care.
- Review this week’s i-Human case study. Based on the patient information provided, think about the health history you would need to collect from the patient.
- Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patient’s condition. Reflect on how the results would be used to make a diagnosis.
- Identify three to five possible conditions to consider in a differential diagnosis for the patient.
- Consider the patient’s diagnosis. Think about clinical guidelines that might support this diagnosis.
- Develop a treatment plan for the patient that includes health promotion and patient education strategies for medical and surgical patients with abdominal conditions.
As you interact with this week’s i-Human patient, complete the assigned case study. For guidance on using i-Human, refer to the i-Human Patients Case Player Student Manual in the Week 2 Learning Resources
By Day 7
This Assignment is due.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account