Get NURS 6640 Week 4: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy essay assignment help
NURS 6640 Week 4: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy essay assignment
NURS 6640: Psychotherapy With Individuals | Week 4 essay assignment
When first introduced, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) was unlike any other therapeutic approach. For years, psychotherapeutic techniques were driven by psychoanalytic theories. These techniques were time consuming, leaving many therapists frustrated with the length of time involved in helping their clients achieve a sense of relief. With the development of CBT, however, therapists were able to help their clients heal more quickly. This poses the questions: If CBT is more efficient than other techniques, why isn’t it used with all clients? How do you know when CBT is an appropriate therapeutic approach?
This week, as you examine cognitive behavioral therapy and its appropriateness for clients, you compare it to rational emotive behavioral therapy. You also develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy and consider legal and ethical implications of counseling these clients.
Assignment 1: Cognitive Behavioral Theory Versus Rational Emotive Behavioral Theory essay assignment
While cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT) have many similarities, they are distinctly different therapeutic approaches. When assessing clients and selecting one of these therapies, you must recognize the importance of not only selecting the one that is best for the client, but also the approach that most aligns to your own skill set. For this Assignment, as you examine the similarities and differences between CBT and REBT, consider which therapeutic approach you might use with your clients.
- Compare cognitive behavioral therapy and rational emotive behavioral therapy
- Recommend cognitive behavioral therapies for clients
- Review the media in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Reflect on the various forms of cognitive behavioral therapy.
In a 1- to 2-page paper, address the following:
- Briefly describe how cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT) are similar.
- Explain at least three differences between CBT and REBT. Include how these differences might impact your practice as a mental health counselor.
- Explain which version of cognitive behavioral therapy you might use with clients and why. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
Note: The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The Sample Paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available at http://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting.
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account