Get NURS 6670: Anxiety Disorders-PTSD and Related Disorders essay assignment help
NURS 6670 Week 6: Anxiety Disorders-PTSD and Related Disorders essay assignment
NURS 6670: Anxiety Disorders, PTSD, and Related Disorders | Week 6 essay assignment
Oh no! It is happening again. I am having a heart attack… I know it. My heart is racing, I can’t breathe, and I am shaking all over. I can’t go to the ER again. They will say what they always say… I am not having a heart attack. It is all in my head.
Barbara, age 68
The anxiety disorders provide us a good opportunity to take a close look at the nature/nurture debate as well as the gene/environment interactions that influence the nervous system and neurochemistry. A significant part of most of Sigmund Freud’s theories, the concept of anxiety has been debated and discussed over many years in the psychiatric literature. While Freud’s theories focused on the “mind” and the unconscious, another way to look at anxiety is with Hans Selye’s concept of “fight or flight” in which the sympathetic nervous system is activated as a response to stress. As you explore the concept of anxiety, you will notice that no two cases of anxiety are the same.
This week, you will explore evidence-based treatment methods for clients with anxiety disorders. You will complete a midterm exam and analyze reimbursement rates for treatment of mental health disorders.
Discussion: Treatment of Anxiety Disorders essay assignment
Anxiety disorders are common in both primary care and psychiatric practice. Clients with anxiety disorders including generalized anxiety disorders, agoraphobia, and other specific phobias will present to the PMHNP’s office with a significant level of distress. Successful recognition and treatment of anxiety disorders includes an accurate diagnostic assessment with a treatment plan that includes a combination of psychopharmacology and psychotherapy. Although psychoanalytic theories are based on the concept of anxiety, the more recent standard of care is with the cognitive-behavioral therapies.
In this Discussion, you will analyze evidence-based treatment plans for clients with anxiety disorders.
- Analyze differences between adjustments disorders and anxiety disorders
- Analyze diagnostic criteria for anxiety disorders
- Analyze evidence-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for anxiety disorders
- Compare differential diagnostic features of anxiety disorders
Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleagues’ postings. Begin by clicking on the “Post to Discussion Question” link and then select “Create Thread” to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts and cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before clicking Submit!
To prepare for this Discussion:
- By Day 5 of Week 5, your Instructor will have assigned you an anxiety disorder, which will be your focus for your initial post for this Discussion.
- Review the Learning Resources.
By Day 3
- Explain the difference between an adjustment disorder and anxiety disorder. Provide examples to illustrate your rationale.
- Explain the diagnostic criteria for your assigned anxiety disorder.
- Explain the evidenced-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for your assigned anxiety disorder.
- Support your rationale with references to the Learning Resources or other academic resource.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues by comparing the differential diagnostic features of the disorder you were assigned to the diagnostic features of the disorder your colleagues were assigned.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account